Nutrition links

SouthJerseyChris
on 2/7/07 3:43 am - Brick, NJ
This guy is my guru. I think I posted this link yesterday, but everything on it is worth the read. He takes alot of time and explains processes like how fat is burned and the like. Days worth of reading here http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/index.htm I am real fond of this article BTW.. http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/dietary_1.htm enjoy
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/7/07 4:51 am - Japan
Chris, I liked this quote/ main point from the second article: "North Americans aren't getting so darned fat and/or unhealthy simply because of overeating. Often they replace good foods with the super-sized sugars, the trans fats, and the other nasty fast food ingredients. The good foods have the power to negate the effects of these nasty, health-degrading junk foods, but because people become too concerned with energy balance, they simply displace the good stuff. In fact, if people simply ate a high protein, antioxidant and micronutrient rich diet supplemented with junk food, they'd end up leaner and healthier than those who got the same amount of calories (and often even fewer calories) from empty, displacing foods. " Come to think of it, I think I became MO primarily from eating way to much healthy food, but maybe that, combined with the minimum 1-2 bouts of exercise/ week, helped me to keep reasonably healthy. Dave
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/7/07 4:59 am - Brick, NJ
Not me. I became MO because I could (and did) down 3 Quarter Pounders with cheese in a single sitting. I find it harder to get in calories when I eat 'better' foods. 6oz of chicken breast is 500 calories....so are two twinkies. Which is more filling and better for you?
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/7/07 6:08 pm - Japan
I used to overdo it with whole grains, meat, cheese, salad dressing, things like that. My breakfast cereal was probably 700 calories. Then dinner must have been at least 2500 calories (with late night snack).
Dx E
on 2/7/07 9:33 am - Northern, MS
Dr. Berardi ROCKS!!! I had two old articles of his on my hard drive... Thanks for the link!! Best Wishes- Dx
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 42 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 7 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 42 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 68 views