deleted

carbonblob
on 2/11/07 4:24 am, edited 7/14/08 3:33 am - los angeles, CA
deleted
Deman
on 2/11/07 4:45 am - Gainesville, FL
Fred thanks for opening your heart and sharing your story. We all have addictive personalities and are one bite from being the fat guy again. I pray that you can get threw this and become pain free and that others can learn from your journey and avoid the falling victum to pain killers. My prayers are with you. Dex
Doug Such
on 2/11/07 4:52 am - Northern, CA
Hello Fred, Although I haven't part of this board very long, I've been reading it since September and have some sense of its importance for "guys like us" in all aspects of our lives. I have appreciated everyone's contributions and you're one of the guys I looked (and look) forward to hearing from. I am sorry for your predicament and wish you well. I think you will find that other guys in recovery will fast become trusted and supportive friends and allies. "One day at time" is a pretty good motto in this area, or one moment, if need be. I often turn to the old Stoic Seneca when I'm facing a struggle. One of the passages from his Letters that helps me is this: "The demonstration of courage can never be gentle. . . It is not cruelty but a contest." No need to respond, just take of yourself. Doug
Dx E
on 2/11/07 5:56 am - Northern, MS
Doug, Senecca? A man after my own heart!!! One of my favorite quotes touting the value of remaining part of a 'support community'- "THERE IS NO DELIGHT IN OWNING ANYTHING - UNSHARED." ~~ Seneca Glad to have you here!! Best Wishes- Dx
Doug Such
on 2/11/07 6:53 am - Northern, CA
Hi Dx, Very glad to be here and good to find another Seneca appreciator. Among my many favorites for times of adversity and frustration is "I count you unfortunate because you have never been unfortunate." To me, that's another way of reminding us that we are all part of a human community. Doug
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/11/07 5:01 am - Japan
Bravo Fred!! Thanks so much for telling us about what's going on. From my perspective, having had a family member who became an addict as a result of playing around with recreational drugs, your addiction isn't a result of weakness or carelessness. Instead, you had to make a choice - to be in severe pain, unable to function or to use strong pain medication. And with all of your responsibilities in business and life, it isn't like you had time to sit and wait for the pain to go away or try alternative methods. I'm glad you're searching for alternatives. I can see that you are a very strong person and I know that the man I've seen here on the board, that you'll pull through the withdrawal and find those alternatives. The phone from Japan to LA is really cheap. Please OH mail me your phone number if you feel like talking. It would really be a pleasure to talk to you, CB Fred. We Love You, Bud Dave
drjco
on 2/11/07 5:25 am - Mint Hill, NC
Fred, I can feel your pain in the letter you wrote. You made an important step coming to us with your problem. You know that all of our prayers in the immediate future will include you with your struggle. I live on non-narcotic pain killers daily. I resort to narcotics only when the pain becomes so unbearable thatI cannot function. I always feel one step away from where you are. There are many of us in pain and taking meds. for it. I am sure we all have our worries. By stepping forward you give all of us an oppotrunity to evaluate ourselves. Thanks so much for that. May God be with you. drjco
Jim G.
on 2/11/07 5:28 am - Waverly, PA
Dear Fred, We are in your corner. I know it can be a difficult battle. I had a family member that had an addiction problem but overcame it and went on to live a happy life. You will overcome your addiction as well. It sounds like you are keeping a great attitude through all of your struggles. Please drop by and let us know how you are doing from time to time. I miss seeing your regular postings. Jim
Dx E
on 2/11/07 6:01 am - Northern, MS
Fred, Hang in there and throw everything at it!! Moan, wail, rage and hang on....by your fingernails if you have to. Even that will get better. Hollar when you need some help.... Thanks for sharing the warning for those just grabbing onto the ladder and starting their climb. Those of us who "use the Force," will keep you in our prayers. Best Wishes- Dx
olivija24
on 2/11/07 6:25 am - Bigfork, MT
I only want to say "Power to You" and wish the best for you in finding serenity. thank you for being so open. you've been a support to many including me, and I hope we can do the same for you! take care, Joe
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 54 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 78 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 105 views