Thanks to all of you

HePaid4That
on 2/11/07 12:00 pm
Hi guys, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you in the locker room. This place is really a blessing to me. About 4 weeks ago my wife was all over me because I wasn't attending a local support group (although I've been to a meeting of all women except me and that ended up being all about how their father's did this or that to them and that's why they can't lose weight now). Anyway, I am so thankful I found this forum. Momentum, accountability, encouragement. It's all here. An old preacher once said, "Everyone needs a Paul, a Barnabas, and a Timothy in their lives." Paul - the wiser men who have been down the path and can guide you along the way. Barnabas - those men at a similar point in your journey who can encourage you and you can encourage them. Timothy - those men not as far along on the journey that you can teach and encourage. This Men's board has all of that, and I am so greatful to be a part of it. Thanks and have a Blessed Week. Greg
Dx E
on 2/11/07 12:09 pm - Northern, MS
Glad to have you here Greg! Entered the Board by "dropping your pants in the airport!" And I said- "He's a Keeper!" Keep on with your great success, (and get that foot totally healed...) Takes all kinds to make this team.... Best Wishes- Dx
HePaid4That
on 2/11/07 5:48 pm
Thanks Dx, I'm not sure what I will do with myself if I actually have the foot healed AND all this lost weight...but I'm looking forward to it. When I described it yesterday which tendons were torn, a friend of mine said, "Oh, you have the Kurt Schilling tendon injury." I guess he was right. But I'm trying to avoid the surgery and the bloody sock so it is seemingly taking forever to heal. Thanks for all your wisdom, encouragement, and support. BTW, I'm always good for the embarrassing story or two...I got a million of 'em.
carbonblob
on 2/11/07 3:32 pm - los angeles, CA
HePaid4That
on 2/11/07 5:43 pm
Hey CB, we are certainly with you. It always amazes me that we are never always in the same role all the time. Always learning from the people that went before us or even those we are teaching. I can't tell you how many times my kids have taught me something when I thought I should be teaching them. Of course I have some little kids around so Disney is always on. There is that song called "Circle of Life" from Lion King (and now I know some of you will have that song playing in your head all day - sorry about that), but it could just as easily be the "Circle of Wisdom", "Circle of Help", or as we call it as adults, "What goes around, comes around." I learn so much from all of you guys Thanks Greg
carbonblob
on 2/12/07 7:14 am - los angeles, CA
So true Greg, I had a friend of mine tell me once instead of brushing people off and leaving them to run off somewhere, try staying just an extra 15 minutes and listen instead of talk. When I find myself self absorbed and running by my own time schedule I try to practice what he taught me. You would be surprised the things you can learn in just those last 15 minutes if you stay quite. One of life's great lessons for me to say the least. Although I don't have children Gail and I have always been animal people! We've had some very sick animals in our lives at one time or another. One of our dogs has epilepsy. Bad, to say the least. I've learned so much about life and love jus****ching him come through his trials and want nothing more than our affection. I know he's grateful for each day he's given. Life's lessons are all around us if we just take the time to listen. And you're right, what goes around comes around......Carbonblob
Troy Field
on 2/11/07 11:19 pm - Bunker Hill, WV
Greg, We're super gald and lucky to have you my friend. You and I might not have gotten off on the right foot(excuse the pun) with the Charlie Weiss thing, but I'm glad you're here. You seem to have a great deal of insight and experience and I could always use someone else who sees things a little differently than I do. Also, your spirituality is very encouraging as well as that of so many others here. Thanks Greg. Troy
HePaid4That
on 2/12/07 1:10 am
Hi Troy, funny that our first interaction was more contentious than planned. All these 'Roids I'm on, man. Good to know you.
Scott_I
on 2/12/07 5:02 am
Well said Greg. I think this whole struggle would be a lot harder if we were all out there on our own.
Jim G.
on 2/12/07 6:49 am - Waverly, PA
Greg, I agree with your observations. This board is a godsend. I live about 3 hours from the hospital where I had my surgery. They have monthly support groups there, but it seems I can never get there when they are scheduled. It would take my whole day to travel roundtrip for a one hour meeting. Besides that, it would take a full tank of gas and $15 in tolls. This board gives me all the support that I need. And, it is geared especially for men. I also travel a lot. And, I can log in here from anywhere--even the other side of the world. I am a regular poster on the PA Board. There are lots of great folks, but it is dominated by women. Thanks for your comments. Jim
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 39 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 39 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 51 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 94 views