Problems with the pannus..

arruncomic
on 6/23/11 12:44 am
Underneath my pannus it occasionally gets really raw. I wa**** everyday and apply baby powder. Any other suggestions?
At what point is it so bothersome that I need to think about removal?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
jdm511
on 6/24/11 9:56 pm - Ballston spa, NY
It may be a yeast infection, talk with your primary MD.  They may make a suggestion for a presciption or over the counter cream to help with clearing up the infection.  Keep the area as dry as possible.

As to when to have the pannus removed, when it bothers you.  Most insurance companies will cover the surgery if you have reccurent infections.  Talk to your primary physician about it.  If you decide to have it removed, interview a number of plastic surgeons.  Look for someone who works frequently with post Bariatric Surgery patients.  look at before and after photos (my primary told me some people don't look much different post surgery) and make sure that you discuss with the surgeon what results you can realistically expect.

I had mine removed back in april (I left the hospital on the 3 year anniversary of my RNY).  I am just as happy with this decision as I am with having my RNY.  If you have any questions about my experiece just drop me a message.

Jim
Beam me up Scottie
on 7/6/11 1:50 pm
Yeah I suggest you go to a dermotologist and have your rashes documented. Some insurance companies pay for a Tummy tuck....if you've lost most then 100 lbs and are having issues.
Most Active
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 18 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 92 views