adrenaline

Tenacious88
on 11/22/11 2:46 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: To all

Does adrenaline get affected after having VSG surgery ?

cabin111
on 11/22/11 5:29 am
During rapid weight loss your fat cells shrink.  Your fat cells have different hormones stored in them, including testosterone and estrogen.  Many men who are not very emotional, feel like the world is falling apart during this weigh loss period.  They actually are going through male PMS!!  My feeling on adrenaline is that it gets released after a few minutes of exercise.  You may want to Google adrenaline.  I know after I have been riding my bike about 5-10 minutes it will kick in and it helps me to push on harder.  But if you have been limited because of your weight on your exercise program...By exercising you will have it kick in after a certain amount of exercise.  It makes exercising easier post WLS...  PS  You may want to ask this question on the Exercise and Fitness Fourm here at OH...
Tenacious88
on 11/22/11 7:56 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi:  I know the adrenal glands may be found directly above the kidneys in the human body. Adrenaline helps us when we are in a fight or flight situation, by dumping adrenaline into the blood stream. This is how we got the term " butterflies in the stomach from adrenaline.

My question is, when we have 3/4 of our stomach removed during surgery, will we still have a strong reaction in our 1/4 stomach as before to adrenaline ? Has anyone had any different reaction or feeling to stress after surgery, where you felt butterflies in your stomach due to adrenaline ?

In my case I have a very nervous stomach, when I'm under stress, my stomach gets upset and I'll end up in the bathroom. I have not had WLS yet, but I'm thinking, will things get better ?

Regards, stay healthy.

Tenacious 88

jdm511
on 11/22/11 6:25 am - Ballston spa, NY
I would not think so, since adrenaline originates from the adrenal glands, which I would not think is anywhere near any of the work done during VSG.
Tenacious88
on 11/22/11 7:59 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi:   I know the adrenal glands may be found directly above the kidneys in the human body. Adrenaline helps us when we are in a fight or flight situation, by dumping adrenaline into the blood stream. This is how we got the term " butterflies in the stomach from adrenaline.

My question is, when we have 3/4 of our stomach removed during surgery, will we still have a strong reaction in our 1/4 stomach as before to adrenaline ? Has anyone had any different reaction or feeling to stress after surgery, where you felt butterflies in your stomach due to adrenaline ?

In my case I have a very nervous stomach, when I'm under stress, my stomach gets upset and I'll end up in the bathroom. I have not had WLS yet, but I'm thinking, will things get better ?

Regards, stay healthy.

Tenacious 88

cabin111
on 11/22/11 9:39 am
I'll just say my adrenaline will kick in (RNY) after a few minutes...I really can tell when it does.  What I'm about to say should not be taken as "my surgery is better than your surgery"...We have done a pretty good job of avoiding that issue here on the Men's Forum.
Before RNY I had irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colon)...I said had, because it got resolved with my surgery!!  Talk to your surgeon about this if you have this issue.  When doctors were testing different surgeries to see which worked best for IBS, they came upon the RNY.  They found it resolved IBS...but also caused major weightloss.  They ran with the weightloss part of the issue, but one of the biggest benifits (for me) has be the elimination of my IBS.  I believe the RNY and the DS will resolve that issue.  I don't think the VSG or Lap Band will help.  Just something to talk to your surgeon about...
Tenacious88
on 11/22/11 1:02 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Cabin111
                       Thank you for your honest answers, this helps all of us. IBS is no fun, I know. All of these question's I will ask my surgeon before surgery. I'll have to wait until summer vacation, because of my daughters school. I'm a full time Dad, driver, cook, dishwasher, wash-man, homework helper, church going, handyman and main problem solver. Love the job and my daughter doing it with great Love & Care.

Stay well my friend. 
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 21 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 52 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 76 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In