6 Month Closet Cleanout

Charlie S.
on 2/26/12 12:03 am
Yesterday I had to clean out my closet.  Here is the aftermath.  The top rail is what I can still wear.  The bottoom rail is the aftermath of what got donated.

This is my second cleanout by the way.  Luckily I have been hoarding clothes over the last year so I haven't had to buy a whole lot of clothes over this wls journey.  However, as you can see, that is ending.  I have 1 pair of pants and 12 shirts.  That is all!  (Went and bought new pants yesterday)

This is about to become an expensive experience, but one I wouldn't trade for the world!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

ruggie
on 2/26/12 4:23 am - Sacramento, CA
Man I've got to get to Goodwill... I'm back up to 8 grocery bags of clothes again to donate :(

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Michael P.
on 2/26/12 4:34 am
 Doesn't it feel amazing?  Good job!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
thefatguy25
on 2/26/12 9:23 am - PA
That's awesome keep up the good work bro
travis
highest weight 398lbs
surgery day:365
goal weight 200-215

kenhud1
on 2/26/12 9:49 am - Houston, TX
Smaller clothes is about the best money I ever spent.
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

Charlie S.
on 2/26/12 10:07 am
I have figured out that it isn't as expensive being "less fat" when it comes to clothes shopping.  Not having to buy the one pair of pants you can fit at $50.00 a pair, but instead going to Marshalls, Ross, or my current favorite, Burlington Coat Factory and picking up a name brand pair of pants for $16.99 instead of the $69 that the regular stores charge for them is AWESOME!

Also picked me up a pair of boots that were normally $160, and I paid $69.  WOOO HOOO!!!  I am still not going to buy a lot of clothes.  I am going to wait until I get to GOAL, but when I do, stand back.  I am going to spend some serious cash on a whole new wardrobe!

kenhud1
on 2/26/12 11:11 am - Houston, TX
I have to admit that I have become a bit of a clothes ***** Never had the ability to do that before, so I m enjoying it. The outlet center loves to see me coming....
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

Sam LifeNerd
on 2/27/12 12:53 am
 I was floored when I first FIT in an XL!!  What is this, "normal" clothing sizes?

Burlington Coat factory is now a favorite, lots of Tommy Hilfiger stuff from them.

Chaps stuff from Kohls (wearing a 48R Chaps sports jacket today, $38 from them!)

Harley stuff....double wowsers!!  I used to ignore 99% of their store and went looking for the big man racks!

cabin111
on 2/27/12 9:54 am
A few ideas on clothes...In no special order.  Like others have said...The thrift stores can be your friend.  Yard sale season is coming up.  Pick a Saturday and spend a few hours...You might be surprised at what you find.  My first year post op, my favorite pair of pants came from my nephew.  I asked friends and family for some old clothes...If I knew someone was near my size.  Also coworkers if you feel comfortable with that.  Most friends will understand your situation.  Brian
Charlie S.
on 2/27/12 10:04 am
Totally with you on that one.  I didn't mention it but the first two hours of my clothes shopping was at Salvation Army, Goodwill, and resale shops.  Unfortunately, nothing there for me this time.  However, the three of the shirts left in my closet came from Goodwill, and the one pair of pants.  

I haven't done the yard sale thing, might have to try that.  But I frequent the Goodwill and such now to get the deals.  Just wasn't in the cards this time.  I don't don't have any friends or family in these sizes right now.  

Thanks for the thoughts.  Hadn't thought about yard sales.  That could be a good source.  But Goodwill type stores will definately stay in the routine when it comes to shopping.

Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 45 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 17 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 45 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 69 views