Hot Topic, Hot Spicy Foods

texasrigdiver
on 11/5/12 9:44 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Does anyone have experience with hot foods and problems with their surgery? I love hot foods, and I prefer seriously hot foods, not just casually spicy. I'm not so excited about the idea of bland diet.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

cabin111
on 11/5/12 10:00 am

Been around OH for awhile...This is just my thoughts.  You can go back to them, but it will take awhile.  Think of your new stomach as that of a babies.  Would you give (whatever your thinking of) to a baby.  You need to allow your system to heal for a few months.  There has been major cutting and attaching in there.  You don't what to develop a scar right away.  After surgery...Take it slow.  Test foods...If it doesn't feel right down there, wait a few weeks or months and try again.  If it still is not right, it may have to be on your not use list.  For me (RNY) it's things like fried pork or buttery soups.  For others it can be different things.  Brian

Brian K.
on 11/6/12 3:36 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
On November 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, cabin111 wrote:

Been around OH for awhile...This is just my thoughts.  You can go back to them, but it will take awhile.  Think of your new stomach as that of a babies.  Would you give (whatever your thinking of) to a baby.  You need to allow your system to heal for a few months.  There has been major cutting and attaching in there.  You don't what to develop a scar right away.  After surgery...Take it slow.  Test foods...If it doesn't feel right down there, wait a few weeks or months and try again.  If it still is not right, it may have to be on your not use list.  For me (RNY) it's things like fried pork or buttery soups.  For others it can be different things.  Brian

Hey Bri... Change your password, I think the wife has been on your computer and screwed with your fonts!
Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 11/5/12 9:05 pm

Like Brian said start slow.  After your surgery your gizzard needs some healing time.  Ulcers are not a WLS patient's friend.  See your Dr. is in Houston - is that where you are?  Texas is well prepresented here.  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

panhead58fl
on 11/11/12 9:30 am - Barboursville, WV

As previously stated you will have to take it easy at first. I am 6 years out and I too like seriously hot food and enjoy it all the time now. I was afraid that after surgery I would have problems. I did wait for a few months before I tried any seriously hot stuff.

Pan Head

Paul C.
on 11/14/12 2:20 am - Cumming, GA

Love me some hot eats!

What I have found is never try something in public. If you know you love the blazing hot 2day burn wings then get some and try them at home.

I have noticed that I am more intune with actual flavors I don't just taste hot but can sense the differences between **** hot mexican and blow your rectum out Thai. yes they actually have a flavor other than hot.

With that said it was probably a good year at least before I went to the spicey stuff and then worked my way back to it.

Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 25 views
NFL Draft Sunday