My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 176
This week: 176
Total weight lost: 94
Body Fat 14%

I hope this Sunday after US Thanksgiving finds you all happy and healthy. I managed to come through the holiday flatline (maybe even .5 lbs down). I am able to say I am so thankful for this surgery and the future I now have in front of me despite this having been one of the most difficult years I have ever had. I am looking forward to the rest of the holidays and 2013, I think the best is yet to come.

Off to assist a family member with some house projects and then hope to edge all my flower beds and get my 300 or so bulbs in the ground!

See you all next Sunday, take care!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Tim T.
on 11/25/12 2:29 am - Eastham, MA

Stats: 11/25/2012   Highest Weight: 315 -  Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 -  Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 - Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 -  Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 168 -  Current Weight: 171 -  Goal Weight: 170ish - Lbs. lost/gained this week +3 -  Total loss from Start Weight: 134 LBS.    I recorded my weigh in last Sunday but did not post- up a little bit from last week and not surprised. Between being out of my routine at work and my knee screaming at me after only a few miles of running- not to mention the extra 30 pounds of leftover food in my fridge- I'm at the high end of my maintenance parameter. The carbs have crept in a little more than usual but as I identify the demons I am confronted with I will take the necessary steps to keep them in check. So I'm off to the gym after a dump run and going to keep my self distracted and out of the kitchen.    I've been experiencing a bit of insomnia lately, and I'm wondering if it's due to an increased metabolism. I don't seem to be missing the lack of sleep as I wake in the a.m. and feel the normal amount of energy as a full night of sleep would deliver. Is anyone out there experiencing anything similar? I'm curious.   Tim T.

Mike R.
on 11/25/12 4:08 am - Warner Robins, GA

Tim, I've wondered the same thing.  Pre-op if I didn't get at least 8 hrs sleep, I would drag and feel like crap all day.  Now, I can't sleep longer than 7 hrs and occasionally 6.  I don't know if it's metabolism or just the toil that not carrying around an extra 160 lbs and not taking 6 different prescription meds now has.

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Bill B.
on 11/25/12 3:04 am - NJ
Good morning fella's! Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I hope all is well...
Mike R.
on 11/25/12 4:02 am - Warner Robins, GA

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs 
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs  
             Last week:  217.0 lbs / 19.3% body fat / 166.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  216.6 lbs / 19.5% body fat / 165.8 lbs muscle mass

Life interruptus.  Like everyone else the holidays offer many distractions to my “normal” routine.  Even with making it to the gym once and to the bike trails once, and the minefield of holiday spreads/leftovers, I’m down 1/2 lb.  I’ll take that any day and twice on Sunday.

Gentlemen, channel your yuletide Clark Griswold but be safe!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

billmacc7
on 11/25/12 7:42 am - MA

Good Evening,

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
199: Weigh In 11/1812
198: This Week 11/25/12 -->Down 1 lb BMI=29
148: Total Weight Loss

Well, a slight drop of 1 pound. Being that THANKSGIVING the biggest eating day of the year for me traditionally, was on Thursday and I lost a pound is simply amazing!!  I have to attribute it to mindfully eating (except for Thanksgiving Day where I ate more carbs in one day than I care to remember!!);  Drinking 64 oz water daily; and exercising.

In terms of eating, kept my daily totals of about 1800 calories and 80 g protein. Out of curiosity, is this the same, more, or less than what most of you guys eat daily?

Exercise is good. Been continue to run and logged 4 days of roughly 10K each day. I never thought I could run 10K, let alone 4 times in one week. Again, simply amazing!

Looking forward to the Holiday Season to enjoy Family and Friends, and not just to stuff myself with food!! Funny story. I play Santa for various friends and families. Due to losing 150 pounds had to go out and buy a PILLOW to look the part...unreal!! Like my wife says, no one likes a skinny Santa...lol!!

Hope you all have a good week enjoyable Holiday Season!!

Yours in WLS,

Bill

Michael P.
on 11/25/12 7:58 am, edited 11/25/12 7:58 am

Happy Thanksgiving guys.  I haven't been around in a while but thought I'd check in on you folks.  Hope all is well with everyone.  My daughter dropped my $200 scale (the nice digital one that went up to 660 pounds) and broke the LCD in it so it is dead and I need a new one.  The good news is that I can buy one off the shelf now at one of the local department stores!

Have a Great Week,

Mike

Don 1962
on 11/25/12 8:01 am, edited 11/25/12 8:03 am

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
170.2: Last week
169.8: This week

Came out without any dings after all the the festivities and food!  Frankly I was a little apprehensive about getting on the scales this morning.  I will confess, it is said to be good for the soul, to not getting any exercise at all in the last six days and the carbs took a big bite out of my formally fat, flabby ass.  To quote Mike R. "life interruptus" here too.  We've had the grandkids since Friday and they have kept us going.  Had to go to work Saturday to get some rest!  Took the kids back to the parents this afternoon and the traffic on I-45 was atrocious!! 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mr_Cratchit
on 11/25/12 9:03 am, edited 11/25/12 9:06 am - NH
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well. Mine went well except for one small issue. The turkey and fixings weren't a problem. My serving sizes were good and although I had to watch my pace it was all good. i did run into a small issue with a piece of apple pie. It was pretty small but I have stayed away from sweets and carbs since my surgery date. With in five minutes of eating it, the room was spinning and I was breaking out in the sweats. Well that got my attention! I went out side for a bit of fresh air and the cold air helped me settle down. The whole episode was no more than thirty minutes but unpleasant to say the least. I think it was the sugar but I'm not sure.

I also had my six month checkup with the Dr. and nutritionist. They were very happy with my progress. My total weight loss since surgery was 102.1 lbs. I did a lot of research before the operation and if you would have told me I would loose over one hundred pounds the first month I would not have believed you!. It's an incredible journey and my head has not caught up to all the changes. They gave be a lab slip to draw blood so they can see how the numbers look. So we shall see.

I up loaded some photos but can't figure out how to paste them into this post. The link to them is below ,,, check them out ,,, I hope you can see them (there should be 3 of them).

Take care and have a great week ,,, CJ

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1021151/albums/121834/Test%20Photo.jpg

edited to add link:

Try this one, it looks like the other one only sowed one picture.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/826445/album/Power-outage/

Brian K.
on 11/26/12 7:48 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
On November 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, Mr_Cratchit wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well. Mine went well except for one small issue. The turkey and fixings weren't a problem. My serving sizes were good and although I had to watch my pace it was all good. i did run into a small issue with a piece of apple pie. It was pretty small but I have stayed away from sweets and carbs since my surgery date. With in five minutes of eating it, the room was spinning and I was breaking out in the sweats. Well that got my attention! I went out side for a bit of fresh air and the cold air helped me settle down. The whole episode was no more than thirty minutes but unpleasant to say the least. I think it was the sugar but I'm not sure.

I also had my six month checkup with the Dr. and nutritionist. They were very happy with my progress. My total weight loss since surgery was 102.1 lbs. I did a lot of research before the operation and if you would have told me I would loose over one hundred pounds the first month I would not have believed you!. It's an incredible journey and my head has not caught up to all the changes. They gave be a lab slip to draw blood so they can see how the numbers look. So we shall see.

I up loaded some photos but can't figure out how to paste them into this post. The link to them is below ,,, check them out ,,, I hope you can see them (there should be 3 of them).

Take care and have a great week ,,, CJ

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1021151/albums/121834/Test%20Photo.jpg

edited to add link:

Try this one, it looks like the other one only sowed one picture.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/826445/album/Power-outage/

All I can say is WOW! You are doing it right, keep up the great work!

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Most Active
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 62 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 76 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 98 views