Sunday Morning Weigh-In, (freezing my ass off edition).

Brian K.
on 1/26/13 10:40 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 174
This week: 176
Total weight lost: 93
Body Fat 16%

Hey Dudes!

This is my second go at this post... PITA Mac ate everything in the message box when I bumped the "Magic Mouse" and it flipped back to my last page view... I will now try to recreate what was an awesome post to start off the week!

Winter sucks, days are short, cold outside... Nothing like Summer when all you needed to do was throw on a pair of shorts and running shoes to get your daily dose of exercise. I am so thankful for this surgery which has not only changed my appearance but given me positive changes in many areas of my life. Winter used to mean dealing with depression and a general funk that lasted well into the Spring... Now, the lows are not as low, the funk not nearly as funky. If you are like me there is no shame in your game if you seek out a doctor who can help you sort it out. The surgery itself can do a number on your head... add to that the food talking to you and the guilt if you slip...  Realize you are human and we are not perfect!

I am hovering around 175, 5 lbs below where my surgeon said I would end up. Today I am back down to my all time low after 2 weeks of gaining... Mindful eating and exercise is the key.

Till next week, be well!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Daniel-L
on 1/26/13 11:47 pm - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

Good Morning gentlemen,

High weight: 348
Weight at surgery 1-29-12 300
Last week: 177

This week: 176
Total weight lost: 172 lbs

Tuesday will mark my first year on this journey. I can't believe how happy I am with the new me. It's been different this time as around and I plan on keeping it that way. The snow has been on the ground for more than 2 weeks and forecast for more snow the next 4 days. I love the snow, but enough already !  Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Till next week

Daniel

Don 1962
on 1/27/13 2:15 am

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
168.4: Last week
169.2: This week

Hanging under my number so steady as she goes.

Condolences to my board brethren in the throws of the latest real winter weather in the NE.  Looked at the thermometer on the front porch and it is right at 70 at Noon. In concession I will gladly trade you a few days of sub-freezing weather in the winter for all the blessed bugs, especially fire ants, we have to contend with in the warmer months.  Few days of hard freezing weather tends to tamp them down later in the year.  Guess it messes up their love life.

Been better about getting up on the treadmill more frequently.  Noticed my grazing is going off into right field so I guess upping the treadmill time is my way of compensating for it. 

Got to git!  Leaving shortly to take the granddaughters back to their rightful "owners".

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike B.
on 1/27/13 2:18 am
Highest weight 280
Surgery weight 12/9/11 270
Current weight 177
Total weight loss from surgery 93lbs.
My lowest weight from the time of surgery was 170. However, I maintain my weight between 175-177.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Trent R.
on 1/27/13 2:48 am - Yukon, OK
Revision on 12/24/12
Stats: 1/27/2013
Highest Weight: 389 lbs.
RXN-Y Surgery Weight (10/30/2007): 368 lbs.
Revision Surgery Weight (12/24/2012): 329 lbs.
Current Weight: 304 lbs.
Goal Weight: 199 lbs.
Pounds lost this week: 2.5 lbs.
Total loss from Start Weight: 85 lbs.

I'm not really sure what happened this week, but at the beginning of the week, I had lost about 5 pounds, then I gained 4 pounds, and now I'm down 2.5 pounds from last Sunday. I was following the plan exactly, but I think I've had some meals that may be a little higher in sodium, which caused me to retain water. I like these Sunday Weigh-ins, because you can truly see what happened this week. Seeing it every day stresses you out and unless you only take to heart those weekly numbers, it really helps to ease the shock of those days in the middle of the week where the scales aren't exactly your buddy.

Looks like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work!!!!!

“In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you do get a second chance?" "You take it!” ― C. JoyBell C.

Mike R.
on 1/27/13 5:59 am - Warner Robins, GA

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
             Last week:  217.0 lbs / 20.3% body fat / 164.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  217.2 lbs / 20.2% body fat / 165.0 lbs muscle mass

@Brian, you are so right – no man is an island and no one is a success without those who have come and blazed the trail before us.  Seeking help is a sign of strength not weakness.

@Daniel, congrats on your 1st surgiversary and the tremendous success that you’ve had.

@Don, I hear ya’ about the fire ants, gnats, skeeters, etc.  My Bradford pear tree is starting to bud already.

@Mike B, keep up the good work!

@Trent, yep daily weighing will drive you crazy.  Not only the sodium but also the amount of exercise will cause your water retention to vary.  Replenishment of glycogen in your muscle requires 4 times its weight in water due to its low water solubility.

I made it to the gym 3 times this week.  Still going in the right direction with the muscle mass, so I’m happy.  Another hectic work week left no time for the bike trails.  This coming week I will be on a business trip to Ohio so no bike trails this coming week either.  But I plan to make it to the hotel gym 4 days.  I just have to be strong with good food choices.

Have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 1/27/13 8:32 am

I'm afraid that I'll be breaking out the lawn equipment earlier than I wanted to this year.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 1/27/13 6:54 am - MA

Good Afternoon,

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
201: Weigh In 1/20/13
198: This Week 1/27/13 -->Down 3 lb BMI=29
148: Total Weight Loss

Pretty happy about the numbers this week. Have been eating better and exercising more consistently. For example, been  maintaining 1800 calories, 80 g protein and trying to get at least 64 oz water daily.

Exercise is good. I am going into my 3rd week training for a race in March. The distance is a Half Marathon!!! It still sounds crazy, but I know that today I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to!

Thanks for all the great posts, I love reading them and sharing this journey with a great bunch of LOSERS!!!!

Have a good week guys....

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac

OldmanJim
on 1/27/13 7:53 am - AZ

High Weight  Apr 5 intial consult:  337

Surgery Weight May 17:  313

Last Week:  202

Today: 197.4

Total Weight Loss: 139.6

As one of the many lurkers I thought it was time for me to check in.  I had my biggest FART yet this week.  I made into "ONEHUNDREDLAND".  Can't believe, that I, (there's an odd word) did this in just 8 months and 10 days.  I'm trying to walk and bike ride (on machines) at least 4 times a week and also trying to do weights to get rid of my orangutan arms.

I'm going to try and see if I can post something I saw on the main board that gives the formula for percent of Excess Weight Loss and percent of Total Body Weight Loss.  It's easy to use.  Here it is:

Total body weight:

Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your current weight. That is your weight loss so far.

Step Two: Go to http://www.percentagecalculator.net/ and go to the second row. In the first box put your weight lost so far. In the second box put your STARTING weight. Press calculate.

That is your total % of body weight lost.

Excess body weight:

Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your goal weight (whatever that is). This is your total excess body weight.

Step Two: Go to that same site, same row and in the first box put your total amount of weight lost. In the second box put your total excess body weight. Press calculate.

That’s the total % of your excess body weight you’ve lost.

How about that, I got it to work!

Using this formula, at 200 lbs, I came out with a percent  of total body weight loss of 40.6% and a percent of excess weight loss of 93.2%.  The numbers impress even me.  Hope it works for you.

Glad to see everyone is doing good.

Jim 

Tim T.
on 1/27/13 7:25 pm, edited 1/27/13 7:25 pm - Eastham, MA

Stats: 01/28/13   

Highest Weight: 315 -   

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 -   

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -  

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 -   

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 174 -   

Current Weight: 174 -   

Goal Weight: 170ish -  

Lbs. lost/gained this week +0-   

Total loss from Start Weight: 131 LBS.    

Again this week, better late than never- not gaining or losing but still up about 5 lbs. from where I'd like to be. Lack of exercise is definitely contributing to this conclusion.  Homemade trail mix is not helping, either. I nearly blew out my pec muscles Saturday huffing a 500 lb. 55 gallon drum up my trailer ramp, one inch at a time. That sucked...   

I'm looking forward to some slightly warmer weather to simplify my work and exercise routines. Nevertheless, I am recharged  for another week of fun-filled, action packed adventure.  

Tim T.

Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 87 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In