High weight: 296 

Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 

Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 

Last week: 180

This week: 182

Total weight lost: 87

Body Fat 18%

Morning Men,

I am a little shocked this morning, after cruising along and maintaining for what seems like forever I am up 2 lbs this morning... I weigh once a week and don't think I did anything out of the ordinary this week. I am up a total of 8 lbs from my low weight so not earth shattering I know but need to stop the slide now!

I've been telling myself that with a promotion at work and the workload that goes along with it that I can't fit in the gym but I'm going to have to find a way it seems. That and the little slip-ups and "rewards" I give myself. We don't keep any "bad" stuff in the house but I do love my iced coffee, and getting my breakfast sandwich and coffee out instead of making it at home makes a difference.

Over eating and under-exercising is what it boils down to! Anyone holding back a boot for my butt may commence fire!

I will have a full report next week!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
dahoodman
on 5/18/13 9:33 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Latest and greatest: 

8 weeks out now.

Highest Weight: 303

Weight On Surgery Day: 295

Last Week's Weight: 257.8

Today's Weight: 252.6

Total Weight Loss: 42.4

Body Fat: 38.5% (Probably about the same but I forgot to check this morning.)

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Don 1962
on 5/18/13 11:01 pm

331.0:  All time high 3/10/08
321.0:  Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0:  GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0:  1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5:  2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5:  3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2:  4 th Surgiversary

173.2:  5 th Surgiversary (Official)
172.6:  Last week
173.0:  This week

I can not reiterate enough to you gents the importance of the morning nasty stinky before getting on the scales!! kiss

Another PSA (public service announcement) - HYDRATE!  HYDRATE!  HYDRATE!  It is getting to the warmer parts of the year and you are getting out and about more so keep the water handy!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Daniel-L
on 5/19/13 6:27 am - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

Hey Guys,

It's been a month or so since my last weight in, but I do check the board every week. Nothing has changed on the weight. Still maintaing at 170 and think I have it under control. I went to my group class a few weeks back and it reminded me why I hated the main forum here verses the men's fourm. Way too much drama and people not wanting to take ownership. Brian, way to man up. Now knock it off.

I do have something going on though. My blood sugar has been wacko. Really low then really high. Just like a roller coaster. I had only been on Metformin for it when I was heavy and my Dr. wanted me to try taking that again.

That was a mistake... made me super sick. So he now has me take a tiny dose of insulin per day to regulate my sugar. It's working fine, but it's weird that I never had to take shots in the past. Oh well, It's painless and really easy with the little eppy pens.

I am happy to report that the first compression T-shirt I bought last year ( which took great pains to squeeze into ) fits too loose to be of any good. I need to get a much smaller size. The one I had was expensive and not very comfortable... any suggestions

Our journey has just begun

Daniel

billmacc7
on 5/19/13 11:18 am - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
196: Weigh In 5/12/13
196: This Week 5/19/13 -->No Gain/Loss BMI=29
150:Total Weight Loss

Another week of status quo. Maintenance has it's benefits.  I like stability when my weight stays under 196, basically my Mendoza Line. I also like weighing in just once a week. I have to keep the scale away during the week because of the minor flucttuations that would result in my being CRAZY!!

Going into this week thinking the same, Water, Protein; Journaling and exercise.

In terms of exercise, it was going well.. However due to ankle injury no running but have been biking and swimming and doing weight lifting. Hope to be running again soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Mike R.
on 5/19/13 11:53 am - Warner Robins, GA

@Brian, I hear ya’ brother.  Butt kicking mode engaged.

@Paul, good job – keep up the good work!

@Don, H2O is def the word of the day.

@Daniel, try including more raw fruit in your diet.  The fiber & complex carbs helps regulate my blood glucose.  Pre-RNY, I was on 80 units Lantos insulin & 4 oral diabetes meds (including Metformin).  Post-op, I’m not on any meds and don’t have hyperglycemia but have had issues with hypoglycemia (low blood glucose).

@Bill Mac, way to go keeping to the plan even when injured!

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4-Aug-09:  377.5 lbs
             Last week:  216.8 lbs / 20.2% body fat / 164.6 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  220.8 lbs / 19.3% body fat / 169.4 lbs muscle mass

My overall weight is up 4 lbs this week with muscle mass up 4.8 lbs – so actually 0.8 lbs fat loss.  Don’t know why.  Traveling on business this past week, I made it to the hotel gym only 2 days.  Eating right on the road was definitely a challenge too.  Hope to get back in my routine this week.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Sam LifeNerd
on 5/20/13 12:35 am

355 Aug 2011, 321 Sept 2011 RNY surgery day

205 to 195 from July to Oct 2012, then crept up to 205ish again through April 2013.

Did 3 weeks of the Whole 30 program, resetting my diet and dropped to 191.  (Meat, Veggies and Fruit was it)

As high as 198 the other day, 193-195 most of the last couple of weeks as I went back to "normal" so it is creeping up a bit.  Since the W30 is a DIET, as you come off you can expect to see some changes.  I am hoping to "yo-yo" my way DOWN actually and keep moving towards a "normal" rating for body fat.  (Under 20%)

Exercise is going really well, CrossFit 3 times a week, and worked at the farm saturday moving lots of heavy crap around, tweaked a muscle a bit and took some Tylenol to help with lower back.

Tuesday night, set a NEW record!!  Decided to go running, last time I did 5 miles, which is durn close to a 10k!  This time I decided I could do the full 10k and sure enough, 1:15:30 later I had done the 6.3ish miles.  I kept walking / cooling down and ended up at 6.8 miles in 1:26.

Got a USMC Mud Run 5k on June 1st, so getting ready for that, running with 3 ladies from my local Weight Loss Support group!

Waiting now for the phone call with the wife's RNY surgery date!  Should be mid to late June and she starts her journey.

Sam

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 49 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday