COMPRESSION CLOTHES

glenncerise
on 11/26/13 4:23 am

So when should I look to buy compression undergarments? Doc says I can be in the gym as early as 4 weeks, but I am wondering should I start wearing the compression clothing now. By the weigh(pun intended, lol) I am 20 lbs lighter!!! Man this is awesome!

Don 1962
on 11/26/13 6:04 am

Glad to see you did good on your surgery and came out okay. 

I personally have no experience with the compression garments unless you include a bullet resistant vest. kiss When you lose and start getting excess skin and it feels like it is interfering with your exercise, walking, way your clothes fit etc then I'd look into investing in some.  Some swear by Under Armor and others say you can make it on the less expensive Wally World variety.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cabin111
on 11/26/13 1:40 pm

I tried them and didn't like them.  I didn't really need them...It might be a wait and see for you.  

One thing in general along those lines I would like to bring up (you can learn from my mistake).  You may want to find cheap clothing for the first 6 months or so.  You will be going through sizes very fast.  I asked friends, family, coworkers for used clothes.  I wore a pair of jeans I got from my nephew for the first year or two (my favorite pair). Look to Good Will or thrift stores for some of your clothes.  I went out and bought about $230. worth of new clothes because I thought I was done losing...I was wrong.  So you may want to buy 1 or 2 shirts or pants at certain sizes.  During rapid weightloss, I would buy a new pair of pants and they would be falling down my asse within a few weeks!!  When you stabilize for a few months or so, then go looking to new clothing.  Just my thoughts.  

fargosrm
on 11/27/13 10:28 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 06/13/13

I would wait a bit like the guys said you are going to be going through clothes sizes pretty fast at first. If anything keep using your abdominal binder when you exercise it will really help you out. I found mine helped with my back a lot. As far as underwear I prefer a tight fit the athletic ones that cover your thighs. Those really help you from getting rashes when your legs rub together. Eventually you will want to upgrade to the ones that will wick the sweat away from your body. Keep up the good work glad to hear everything went well and you are healing up fast.

Thanks

Shane

"A wilderness explorer is a friend to all, be a plant or fish or tiny mole!"

Mike R.
on 11/28/13 7:09 am - Warner Robins, GA

All good advice from Don, Brian & Shane. Only thing I can add is that I really didn't need compression underwear until I started running (jogging actually). For walking & other cardio such as elliptical, rowing, & biking, I don't need the compression.  Just my experience - your mileage may vary. 

- Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 22 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 22 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Memorial Day Weigh In