Sleeve on Thursday

JCDan
on 2/3/14 8:12 pm
VSG on 02/06/14

Hello - I'm having VSG on Thursday morning (day after tomorrow) and I'm a bit nervous about the weather - I live in Chicagoland, and we've been getting dumped on for weeks. Has anyone ever had surgery postponed because of snow? 

Also, do you have any last-minute tips? 

Thanks

sjkern
on 2/4/14 5:28 am - wadena, MN

No tips yet from me...I am hoping to get mine done also soon...Very soon. the sleeve i was just told i might be able to get cuz of my HEARTBURN I have....I take pills for it daily and forgot sunday and had heart burn bad monday......

billmacc7
on 2/4/14 6:10 am - MA

Hi JCDan, I have not heard of a surgery being cancelled due to weather, but not out of the realm of possibility. I would check w/ Surgeon and hospital. Funny story, little over 3 years ago when I had mine, we had a snowstorm in Massachussetts. I had to shovel for a couple hours then my wife took me to catch the train in to Boston. Surgery was scheduled for 8:00 am, ended up not being done till 5;00!  Best of Luck...

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Don 1962
on 2/4/14 8:57 am, edited 2/5/14 7:32 pm

Hi Dan!]

Greetings and welcome to the Men's board! 

Never heard of a snow day for surgery.  Might want to check with Dr's office though about their plans for bad weather.  Hate to see you think you are on "go" and do all the pre op bowel prepping, if that is part of your docs program, and have to go through more than once.

Last minute tip - hang on for the ride of a lifetime!

Edited to add:  Make sure you have a plunger handy too.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cabin111
on 2/5/14 6:26 am

Surgery is elective, so they could cancel.  Tonight (Wed) is the hardest part...Cleaning out your system.  I would do; sip some of their stuff, then water, sip, then water.  In the hospital there is a lot of hurry up and wait...Just roll with the punches.  After surgery sleep when and where you can esp at home.  Use pillows to get comfortable.  At home sleep in the recliner, couch, bed, floor again using pillows.  It's hard to get much sleep in the hospital...They wake you up at all hours to take vitals.  Let us know how it turns out.  Brian 

Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 87 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 97 views