Labor Day Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 9/3/23 7:31 am, edited 9/3/23 7:33 am

Funny Labor Day Memes 2023 For Celebrating The 3 Day Weekend

Last week: 197.2

This week: 198.4

Was supposed to have been gone this weekend to MS to watch State beat up on Southeast Louisiana but those plans got derailed Thursday morning at local ER. Was doing string trimming Monday when the heel of right foot caught small hole and I tumbled backwards falling on my ass/lower back when I fell. Was more worried about hitting pipe fence with my head than where I was landing. Was hurting but endeavored to persevere and get it finished. Laying down I was getting horrible cramping in my back that by Thursday was not lessening. Wife insisting, I go to ER to get checked out before we went out of town. Drop dogs off, grab coffee, go to ER. CAT scan showed I had compression fracture to L3 vertebrae. There went road trip. Managed to get tickets sold and reservations canceled without getting dinged. Showed PREVIOUS damaged to my L2 vertebrae from injury I don't remember. Remember falling on ass a few times over the years but not one that hurt like this. So it is Tylenol-3's, an anti-inflammatory and wrap around brace for a week to ten days. Holiday weekend so having to wait on call back from neurologist to get an appointment with them.

Have a Safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 9/3/23 8:22 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Last Week 226.4
This Week 221.3

Sorry to hear that Don. The "Like" is more of an acknowledge than a like. Now being in my 60's I'm finding trips happen a lot easier (neuropathy doesn't help) and recovery is longer. Hope you heel up quickly.

Spent all day yesterday in the yard cutting, trimming, chain sawing. The lawn is finally dry, and so was I.

Started to get the shakes and nauseous. I did drink water and some diet soda, but I must of gotten dehydrated. I believe that is why my weight is down a few more pounds than it was earlier this week. Last weeks weight was actually from two weeks ago, as I was in Cincinnati last weekend.

One last thing Maybe someone can answer. My wife is not impressed with the way the zero turn leaves the lawn looking. I think she likes the looks from the way the push mower left tracks. Also, since there is no bagger in it, and there is not one available, there tends to be some thatch left. I'm thanking of getting a regular lawn tractor with a bagger. Any thoughts?

Great week to all!

Don 1962
on 9/3/23 2:26 pm

This getting old gig ain't for wimps!

If you can't find a bagger via Google or the manufacturer you may have to *****nd get a newer machine.

Jmm4321
on 9/3/23 10:25 pm

LW 161.8, This week 162

Sorry to hear about your fall Don. I definitely feel the risk of falling is increasing now that I'm in my 60's. My biggest issue is a giant pup that can drag me around like a linebacker tossing the QB.

Have a great week!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In