a shrink trying to shrink

nfarris79
on 2/21/11 8:39 am - Germantown, MD
 Thought this would be the most appropriate forum to pose this question: anyone have problems getting in with a support group in your area? and has that affected how you felt WLS was a success? 
I've started thinking of starting a support group in my area as the one affiliated with our local hospital stopped last year & other ones - further out - have inconvenient days for a few MD posters. Anyone start their own group? I'm a licensed counselor, so I think I have the chops to do it, and of course I wouldn't charge b/c I'd be getting support in the process too! 
Just seeking opinions on how support groups have helped and if anyone thinks it's a good idea to start your own. Thanks! 
Patricia R.
on 2/22/11 1:31 pm - Perry, MI
When I avail myself of the support group at my hospital, I benefit.  Most of the people I know who attend it benefit.

I have never started one, but understand your desire to do so.  You would certainly benefit.

Good luck.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views