zoloft and weight gain?

Angelica M.
on 2/23/11 9:42 am - Hobart, OK
 hey everyone, i am new to this im 6m post op and already having trouble loosing weight. My doctor today says that i need to go on zoloft and that the side effect is weight gain or GI issues. is anyone on this and can let me know if i will just be packin on the weight again or if there is hope. 
toccaralynn
on 2/24/11 12:59 am
I was curious about this too, seeing as how I just started taking it last week. I haven't noticed any difference in it helping or gaining weight. Best of Luck to you

Patricia R.
on 2/24/11 12:45 pm - Perry, MI
I was on it a few years before my WLS, and I noticed it did not help me with the weight loss when I attempted to diet.  Most psych meds cause weight gain, or increased appetite.  My best suggestion is, go back to basics and increase exercise.  Zoloft does not have to be a guarantee of weight gain.  Just be diligent in your diet, and step up the exercise.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

AngelenaE
on 11/18/11 5:56 am - NY
 Weight gain and obesity are among the side effects of Zoloft. One of its most severe and fatal one is the Zoloft birth defects to infants. Seek medical advice for a more detailed discussion on the drug.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views