Depressed over mini marathon

severman
on 5/9/11 2:41 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Why is it that every time I train to walk in the mini marathon, I end up in the hospital?  I worked my butt off to get ready for it!  It was soooo hard to cheer on my sister and best friend.  Why even try anymore?

Stephanie E
sjbob
on 5/14/11 2:33 am - Willingboro, NJ
 I took a look at your profile and see that you've been through a lot already.  Perhaps you should be thankful for being able to walk as much as you want to for recreational purposes.  I suppose the mini marathon may have been a charity walk/run.  You may want to try doing charity walks of shorter distances.

I have extreme difficulty walking and now use a walker.  I'll be having a challenge later today when I go to my brother's and have to attempt to go up a few steps.  I've avoided going to his house for a couple of years but today is my nephew's graduation from college.  My brother said he'll help me get in.  

It is frustrating seeing other people do what you would really want to do.  Strangely enough, my knees seem to be worse now than even a few years ago.  But, then again, my docs told me I wouldn't have lived more than a couple of years if I hadn't had the RNY.

You may want to console yourself by walking in nearby parks.  My county opened a couple new ones in the past year and I plan to go there more often.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views