Question

tangoshubby
on 12/20/11 11:35 pm - Canada
I have asked this question in a few other forums but had no replies.  Okay where do i start?  in 2009 my wife found out that she was having the gastric byepass.  she say the doctor ib may of 09 and was having surgery late august of the same year.  a friend that we have had the surgery before her(few years before)  and told us both to expect Bad tempers and mood changes.  Before surgery we had the odd tiff(and most marriages have tiffs)   But after surgery it seemed like    onec a week or every other week it was a huge argument.   and now it could be daily or every 2 or 3 days.   and Its tiny small things that sets my wife off and it turns explosive.   where she will get up and leave or go to another room.  we are both upset because it never happend before surgery.  she is on anti depressents and I hope that one day it turns around.   I feel like I'm always walking on eggshells not to set her off.    I hope someone out there can help us.

Thanks
Hislady
on 12/21/11 10:51 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I'm no expert by any means but I do know that the body releases hormones during the losing phase of weight loss and especially with the bypass surgery. However I thought that was only during the losing phase and not so much after that. I do know that med dosages have to be adjusted and sometimes changed to another drug with the malabsorbtive surgeries like bypass. I'd say it would be best for your wife to try to find a doctor that is familiar with bypass surgery and malabsorbtion to treat her for the temper issue so that they can adjust her meds appropriatley. There are alot of changes both physical and psychologically in the first year or so of surgery but things should be settling down by now I would think.  It's great that you are trying to understand and help her thru this so just hang in there awhile and maybe even try some counseling for both of you to learn how to work thru these bumpy times. Good luck to you both!
tangoshubby
on 12/21/11 10:55 am - Canada
thanks so much for the message.  she is still in the loosing stage.   she has been switched by her doc a few times and we hope that this time the meds will work.   thanks again for the message :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 718 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 703 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 926 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1633 views