Angry

jessicalovegold
on 3/3/12 2:06 am
Since WLS, about 7 months ago, I find myself getting angry a lot.  My tolerance for the the things that irritate me are much lower.  I talk back more and put up with less.  I think it is partly do to the fact that I no longer have food as a buffer/soother between me and the world. So I am lashing out.  I also think I used to shove so many feelings down prior to wls, and now I don't want to, or they are just coming out on their own.  I feel more assertive, but also more aggressive, and I have mixed feelings about it.  I feel like my personality is changing and it is strange, exciting, and scary.  Has anyone else felt like this?  Has this happened to anyone else?
sarahmathis1681
on 3/16/12 11:03 am
RNY on 02/13/12
 ive gotten that way too my husband says im more *****y i just try to laugh it off

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

boxermom
on 4/16/12 11:23 pm - MI
Hi Jessica,

sorry I am just now getting to post to this thread.  I have been so busy with life lately.  Its perfectly normal to be more moody because your body is going through physiological as well as physical changes right now.  Everyone experiences this.  Like I usually say, you can post this on the main board and a hundred people will say the same thing.  If you are concerned or if you just don't like the way you feel about how you are reacting, just seek some advice.  I found somebody to talk to through OH.  just go to 
www.obesityhelp.com/find/psychologist/  and type in your zip code.  My therapist had Rny too so she was awesome to talk to.

You are sick of being pushed around and dont want to take it anymore.  Good for you, but maybe find a way to approach it in a more tactful way, a way that wont make you feel scared that your personality is changing. ? maybe ?

boxermom

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 721 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 705 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 928 views
What triggers your anxiety