Thank you for the overwhelming support!!! (alcohol abuse)

Vanessa L.
on 4/11/05 1:41 pm - Pierrefonds, Canada
I know that it has been quite some time since I last came to ObesityHelp.com. First and foremost, thank you to everyone who took the time to e-mail me and *****sponded to my post concerning my problem with alcohol, post-op. I wish that I could come here and say that I've found a solution for my problem, but unfortunately, I haven't. I've gotten considerably better, but not altogether cured. It's been very hard getting to this point. I don't drink every day anymore. I'll go out maybe once a week or once every two weeks. Through all of this, I've embarrassed myself publicly more times than I care to remember (that's IF I remembered anything the next day). I've alienated friends and family. My behaviour when I get drunk is just appalling! It was getting to the point that I would start drinking right after work. The bad thing about that is that I would often finish work at 2 p.m.!!! I was really digging a hole for myself. I don't know what changed exactly, but for some reason I don't feel the urge or need to drink anymore. At least, not as often. I'll admit, when I do go out, I always overdo it! I just can't seem to stop once I've started. Even though I know that I shouldn't be drinking AT ALL! I was given this wonderful opportunity to have surgery and I'm sabotaging it! Maybe one day in the very near future, I'll get my priorities straight. The next move will be counselling. I really think that I need it. I know that none of what I said is very helpful, if helpful at all, but I want everyone to know that I am here for them, as you've all been for me. Hugs, Vanessa
Janna G.
on 4/13/05 10:03 am - TX
Vanessa, please know that you are being heard and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am not a drinker, but I certainly have other areas in my life that I still don`t have a handle on. That does`nt mean I will give up though. We can only take it each day at a time. It`s a horrible feeling to sabotage one`s self and know that you are doing it and do it anyway. I just hate that. I will be praying for you.
Vanessa L.
on 4/14/05 2:58 am - Pierrefonds, Canada
Hi Janna! Thank you so much for the kind message. Believe me, it really does help to know that people care about me. In return, if there is ever anything that you'd like to talk about or that I can help you with, PLEASE, it would be my pleasure to be there for you. Thanks you so much! Hugs, Vanessa
reglobv
on 7/18/09 3:34 am - Apple Valley, MN
Hi Vanessa, I can completely relate to your experience. I had a high tolerance to alcohol prior to surgery. I've lost a little over 100 pounds in 10 months. I am now struggling everyday with needing to drink! I feel like if I don't drink, I will want to eat.. which is true. When I decide to have a drink, I always say I will have 1 or 2. I end up drinking until I am way past the point of no return. I don't remember everything... So far I have not done anything completely stupid but I am worried if I can't get a handle on this thing I will sooner or later.
I wish you the best...
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views