10 days...where's your horsey?

vickiang
on 12/14/05 8:47 pm - Austin, TX
Good morning my little, or at least getting littler by the day, chickadees. You're probably really busy with the holidays coming up in only 10 days, but does that mean you're not getting your exercise in, or that you're stress eating? Or drinking, getting high, bonking yourself silly, gambling, or any of the myriad of addictions that can kick us in the hiney? A lot of times people get quiet when they think they're not doing well. If that's you, then this is the very time to post and hold onto your britches! Don't know why I let myself slide into staying up later and later. In California I had a 6am support group I went to, so that kept me in line. Here in Austin, I've started to stray and, not surprisingly, so have my food habits. I got up at 6 this morning, an hour before the troops fall out, and by 6:15 I had made the coffee, fed the cat and made the kids lunches. And I asked myself, why did I let myself get lazy? It's not like shifting sleeping hours is hard work, at least not after the first week. It is definitely the easy way out compared to nightime munchies. Sure enough, went to bed at 10:30 last night and was eating cottage cheese at 10. But, I was tired, so that's progress. I'll knock out even earlier tonight. And I was hungry. Painful hungry. At least I think it was hunger. Haven't had a whole lot of experience with that sensation. But it hurt when I ate...didn't know if it was hunger or being full or what. Ouch! I have 3 more pounds I want to ditch by Christmas. Ten days...still enough time to address a multitude of sins. Don't fall of the horse now! We want to gallop triumphantly on that steed, swords of self confidence held high into the holidays! Fa la la! At least I can be reasonably sure I won't fall off the damned horse because I'm drunk, God willing and the creek don't rise! Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views