Push has come to shove

vickiang
on 12/19/05 7:54 pm - Austin, TX
And there is absolutely no way around it. Put simply, I have a choice: popcorn and atomic fireball now, or dessert on Christmas. Nick the odd piece of candy in the store, or mashed potatoes. My scale says 166, gym's says 170, Doc's, which we all now are falsely set high to make us look bad and go to the Dr. more often, says 176. No way I am 176! 170 probably, which is at the very top of my range, so I have no holiday buffer zone as of yet, and five days to do something about it. I DO have a choice. I am NOT powerless over food; I'm just lazy sometimes. But, as promised, I'm up a little after 5 this morning. I did stay up and watch Leno last night, only because I wanted to spend time with Gordo alone...and we of course ate popcorn. I feel like a dry drunk. Yuck!!! I'm going to the gym this morning, have an eight o'clock date w/ another wlser and a 9am Chiropractor appt. to try to put my bones back together. I almost died in Pilates last night and made it through only 1/2 of the class and had a major headache afterwards. Doc said it will probably take 3 weeks for my discombobulated body to get back to normal, and now I believe him. I am definitely no longer invincible, not that I ever was, but I held onto the illusion, especially after losing 200+ pounds. Luckily, we have our local support group tonight and hopefully that will help keep me on the straight and narrow. So, the plan of attack is in place; food, exercise, support. Now I JUST HAVE TO DO IT!!! Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views