2 people...

vickiang
on 12/23/05 12:33 am - Austin, TX
make a mtg. I'm not posting until someone else does. Call me childish, don't call me late for dinner! Vicki
Dawmer
on 12/28/05 8:22 pm - Papillion, NE
Oh... Dont stop. I like reading your posts.
momoftwo
on 1/1/06 7:32 am - Yorktown, VA
drinking problems are almost a risk of the surgery that we were not informed about. Please, if I had been told I was at risk for alcoholism after the surgery I may have thought twice...which did I hate more? Before, I was overweight and sad..now, I am the family joke...we need to do something to create a change...LET"S Force our medical field to take responsibility for this once and for all!!!!
Loril
on 1/2/06 3:21 pm - Hopkins, MN
I agree-don't stop Vicki, just knowing someone is out here and posting is somewhat cathartic. I check in to read your posts. BUT Laurie...I am also in the same boat. I was warned by medical professionals that addiction transferrance is a very real side-effect. Gambling, drinking, drugs, sex, more food etc. could be a problem after the fact. I thought, ha! the only thing I love is food, so bring it on. I discovered shortly after the surgery, by accident because I didnt drink at all before surgery, that I like to drink now. Started with a glass of wine. Then beer. No dumping; ALL food made me dump...sooooo. More beer. I have called a professional (it's the holidays so she won't call me back til after Jan 4) and hope to talk to someone about this. I have truly traded one addiction for another. I can, at this moment, say I'd rather be fat and be a good mom than be drunk and feel guilty because I'm hiding it in shame from EVERYONE. It's so weird because I have been in control of my whole life (except food, but that didn't affect anyone else like drinking does, um, note to self: duh!) But I don't blame this on the med. prof. like Laurie eluded to. Unless your med. prof. didn't cover that. Mine did. Big time. The psych. testing and pre-counseling covered that for me...but didnt think it pertained to me. So good luck to everyone who experiences this. Pray for me and I pray for all who know what I'm talking about. I'd like to see more people post here, and not just read, like I did in the past-making Vicki think she's the only one out there. Just say hey at least.
BK
on 1/3/06 3:52 am - Staten Island, NY
I'm in if there is going to be meeting. I am struggling with Alcohol now in my Pre Op stage. I have told all my doctors that I am a social drinker. Truth be told I only drink about twice a week but I can down a 750 ml bottle in one sitting. THen I deal with the guilt and shame. I have told my wife I have stopped drinking and kept the dark secret for years. But lately the ends have become undone and she has found out that I am still pounding actually with the holidays I have been pounding a bit more than twice a week and she has really noticed. I am less than the happy drunk I can be downright nasty even when un-provoked. I am working on it and hope to salvage my life and get my ducks in order before the surgery.
meandpugs
on 1/4/06 4:52 am - valrico, FL
I read your your post and even reply and there are times that I do not get one in return but that is ok... I understand... i posted to day in dierstraits ans have not recieves nothing and that is ok I feel that my life is at its end right now but how really cares right? (This is just me being down on my self) ( depressed) no ones fault so that is fine too... LOve ya Cyndee In A rutt...Cyndee
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views