Them's just the facts!

vickiang
on 1/4/06 9:42 pm - Austin, TX
You're right, we need to take responsibilty for our own behaviors. Addiction transferrance is more the norm than not for wlsers. This and failure to make real lifestyle changes longterm sink many a ship. I didn't fully realize how lucky I am to have reached goal, since most people who post or attend meeting are either on track, or trying to get there. Did you read the article on blood alcohol level + weight loss surgery? (google search...it will explain EVERYTHING!) Starts with a woman who had 2, two!!!, drinks, got in her car, ended up crashing into another killing a kid. Whether or not we were predispositioned to alcoholism before is a moot point...we simply cannot metabolize it anymore. Some people can do a drink or two. Not that lady, and not me. Even the docs aren't aware how little can send us out of our minds...haven't heard of one yet who doesn't say we can't have a drink or two now and then once we're past 6 mos. But it is what it is. I don't dump, have no food intolerances or capacity issues, but can't drink. So be it. It's just one more lifestyle change I need to address on a lifelong term. If I drink milkshakes amnd don't exercise, I'll get fat. If I drink, I'll get drunk. No cheating the system, and I'm not going to waste time trying to futily attempt to figure out how! Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views