looking into surgery need some input please

samslim
on 7/17/11 10:06 am
i am new to on this site but just reading other posts i have gotten such good info that i decided to post a qustion myself so here goes. i have been approved for surgery with Dr Kelly and with Dr Almanza. i have done a quite a bit of research on both docs and am happy with narrowing it down to these two. the last few decisions i have to make are based on these facts. Dr Kelly is charging 6000 vs Dr Almanza charging 4500. im totally self pay with no insurance. the price for Dr Kelly would have only been 5000 but i have a high BMI so it went up based on that fact. The next thing is i love the fact that Dr Kelly is at a hospital but dont like the fact that i will be put in a hotel alone while finishing recovery. (ill dont have a travel buddy). i dont like the fact that Dr Almanza is in a strip mall, but i love the fact that his recovery house has medical staff around the clock. and does anyone know if Dr. Almanza has experience with high BMI patients. im am due to make the deposit to one of these doctors in the morning and pick my date but am stuck on the above mentioned facts. if any one has any input or would like to share there experience id love to hear it. in the end i just want to know i made the right choice one i put down the deposit im not letting myself turn back. thanks in advance....
gottago
on 7/17/11 8:18 pm
With Dr. Kelly you will be in the hospital for 2 nights not 1 in a clinic and the doctor will check on you in the hotel.  When my sister went, there was another lady that went alone.  They made sure she was ok before sending her to the hotel.  They offered for her to stay a 3rd night in the hospital if she wanted, but she was feeling very well and wanted to go to the hotel.  She and the other people that were there all made friends so it was not like anyone was completely alone.  You are better off with Dr. Kelly by far!  Also Dr. Kelly keeps you a total of 4 nights and 1 night before surgery.
Lovevsg
on 7/17/11 10:38 pm
I would recomend Dr Kelly since I had a great experience with him and the staff. Also I saw a patient that had vsg after me and had a very high bmi and was alone and everything went well. Also you make friends with others that are there at the same time so you have someone you can relate to. In my case this surgery was a breeze and I never needed any pain meds. That of course varies with everyone but I believe you will be in good hands with Dr Kelly. Good luck with everything and I'm happy for you making this decision to have this surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 301 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 486 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1085 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1654 views