My experience with Dr. Kelly

twinsand1
on 7/18/11 5:22 am - SC
Hello, I am home recovering from my vsg with Dr. Kelly on July 13th.. My experince was a good one.. Everyone was super nice and helpful..

I booked my surgery through Sandy at Alighterme.. She was super nice and tried to answer all the questions I had.. 

The Hospital...... well it was very old and not like any hospital in the States.. So don't expect anything more.. It has wifi but it wasn't working when I was there.. no alcohol prep pads just cotton balls soaked in alcohol.. I feel they should use gloves waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than they did..

The Hotel Lucerna.... It was super nice and definatly a hotel not a motel... I ordered room service (of course broth from soups) and that was great as I was alone a didn't want to leave the room... everyone says get up walk don't order go get it but I just paced the hotel room...I am sure everyone is different and some will want to take the walk to eat..

Overall... Hmmmm.. I think it was a good experience and have nothing bad to say except TAKE YOU SOME GATORADE OR OF THE LIKEN AND MAYBE SOME JELLO IN YOU SUITCASE.. I WAS GIVEN NOTHING EXCEPT MY MEDS WHEN I LEFT THE HOSPITAL... BE SURE TO TAKE BAIND AIDS, GAUZE, TAPE...  I had to call the driver to get me some..

I was under the impression all that would be provided but wasn't, so don't be suprised as I was.. I did take gatorade and jello so I had something with me..

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have..

Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

duffydog
on 7/18/11 6:56 am
What hospital did he use, was it Florence? I have been thinking of VSG with Dr Kelly but now am a liitle worried about the hospital. 

I  orig had lap band with Dr Aceves in July 2007, had it removed in 7/2010 because of too much restriction. I couldnt eat chicken or vegetables but no problem with ice cream! My insurance covered the removal.

Anyway I have now gained 30 lbs since last year & am intersted in VSG..

I would use Dr Aceves again but his price is alot more than Dr Kelly..
mebe123
on 9/21/11 9:30 pm
 I too had a band in 2007.  Since than i lost 120 lbs and got to my goal of 165lbs.   In 2010 i had the band removed. Since then in just 8 shoet months ive gained back 40 lbs. Im very upset about the situation. Im thinking of going to mexico to get the sleeve procedure
twinsand1
on 7/18/11 7:41 am - SC
yes he uses Florence... My band slipped and I waited so long and started shutting down.. Gained all my weight back and then some.... I pray this is my answer...

It isn't that I wouldn't recommend him or the hospital but you just need to be aware of the condition..
The hospital that I used in Monterrey was very similar to American hospitals so it was kind of a shock to me...He might use Hopital Angeles because that is where he took me for my leak test and it is very much like our hospitals... I am sure the price would be more..

I hope this helps and I will be more than happy to answer any questions I can...

Angela
currently weigh 298 lbs

duffydog
on 7/18/11 2:51 pm
I understand what you mean about VSG being the answer! I fight with my weight everyday & am so depressed about gaining my weight back.  Im hoping to be able  to have the money to do this by October.

Thanks!
samslim
on 7/18/11 7:19 pm
i am so glad to read this from you i have decided to use doc. kelly. and will also be going alone. thank you for the info.
walmartian
on 7/19/11 7:16 am
I'm not sure what the OP meant about the hospital being different,I  don't think 'different' in this case means 'bad'.  IMO it was fine--there IS a real bed in the room for your companion if you have one, other than that the differences I saw were only about things like the alcohol pads and so forth. It was clean and plenty good enough to me. We walked all over outside the hotel room, and I even went out lone not just in the hotel but the surrounding area. .

twinsand1
on 7/19/11 7:42 am - SC
Hi Walmartian, but excuse me I wasn't saying anything bad and this was MY feelings!! I did not say I would not recommend it..  I did not even say it was different I said it is not like the hospital in the states... It was very OLD...

I also said I was alone and did not want to leave hotel room and everyone is different..

If you have anyother comments start your own thread...THIS WAS MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. KELLY!!!! NOT YOURS!!!

I would love to answer anyones question to help them make there experience with Dr. Kelly a nice one!!!!!!!!!

I am not usually an ugly person but don't try to make me look like I am bashing anyone or anything..

Angela
currently weigh 298 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 489 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics