Information about Dr. Aceves/Dr. Pompa....

Sweet_56
on 8/18/11 6:06 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi All,

I am considering the VSG surgery, but I don't know what Doctor to go with. If anyone on here can tell me about there experiences with either of these Doctors it would be MUCH appreciated. I would like to know what the Pre-op is like, the language barrier (if any), the nursing staff.. Etc...
I would like any information that you think would be helpful while I'm on my journey to a MUCH better me.

Thanks
Cher
mit_tens
on 8/19/11 1:44 pm - Woodstock, CT
I had Dr Aceves and my experience was wonderful and he is a very skilled surgeon! My mom went with me and she was worried about me going to MX at first. She was BLOWN AWAY by the care I received and just how skilled everyone is. The hospital was immaculate, just unreal! I had my bathroom cleaned 3x a day and I hardly even used it!

I was also scared b/c I had a horrible reaction to anesthesia when I had surgery for my gallbladder here in the states. I expressed my concerns with the surgeons and Dr's and I woke up with absolutely no nausea, no vomiting....nothing! It was like I woke up from a groggy nap.

My pre op was one week of a low carb diet so it was totally doable. I didn't have to suffer with just the shakes like some people doable.

Just about everyone spoke English, I had absolutely no problems communicating with anyone at anytime. The nurses always knew what I needed and were very helpful. Dr Aceves and Dr Compos spoke perfect English.....and I picked up a little bit of Spanish while I was there ;)  I just wanted to learn how to say please and thank you and few other things.

I would recommend Dr Aceves to my sister, my best friend & ANYONE I cared about.....I fully trusted his skills and had a wonderful experience.

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
Sweet_56
on 8/21/11 6:46 am - Saskatchewan, Canada
Thanks for the infomation! I haven't read or heard a single bad thing about Dr. Aceves! He sounds like a very wise and skilled surgeon!
Kelly L.
on 9/9/11 5:08 am
You may get a lot more responses on the VSG board here. I know Dr Aceves has a lot of happy patients. Good luck on your journey!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views