What Consultant to use?? Dr. Kelly

Jackie00
on 9/25/11 1:03 am
Heath to keep it short and sweet, you are hearing nothing but praise on Dr Kelly. I can tell you that his medical care is superior to other surgeons that I have went to. There is no need to think of him like a butcher, after surgery you don't even feel like you had surgery on day 3, my experience of course. First day is like you did too many sit ups, 2nd day the drain is annoying so after the drain comes out you should almost feel normal again but please remember this is major surgery and just because you feel great you still have your insides healing for the next couple of months.

I didn't work directly with Trish but I have met her and she is a great person, I am sure you will see her around because she is working with other surgeons at the hospital as well. She will take great care of you from what I hear. Different coordinators do different things so just remember to know what you will need to buy for when at the hotel.
Kelly L.
on 9/25/11 12:40 pm
Kelly L.
on 9/25/11 12:47 pm
Heath,
Feel free to check on my profile to see a detailed day by day account of my experience in MX with Dr Kelly.   Good luck on your journey!!
Emily F.
on 9/25/11 12:08 am
I'm just sayin', when there is this much drama instead of business going on, I would RUN. If you can't trust you have the right coordinator, that is not good business. I would find a trustworthy doc that has a staff, not coordinators poaching customers on a support board. Just my two cents.
Jackie00
on 9/25/11 1:15 am
Emily F.
on 9/25/11 2:11 am
On September 25, 2011 at 8:15 AM Pacific Time, Jackie00 wrote:
I agree with you Emily, too much business amongst the coordinator but I will say that it had no effect on the medical care that you would receive from Dr Kelly. That is one thing I can say.
Then there are some coordinators that are blackmailing surgeons during their contracts I am sure. They are backing their surgeons into a corner where they have no control until the contract ends. Sad but most likely true from what I hear and see.
I have zero respect for any surgeon who doesn't nip this in the bud. This is shady business. I would run from that practice. He could be a fantastic surgeon. He could give great care but he apparently doesn't handle the business end. That is my opinion only. I have not dealt with him but that is how I feel.
nickicole
on 9/25/11 2:18 am
Emily I cound't agree with you more here! 

I've been excited to schedule my surgery and now I feel as though the drama is a bit much too decipher.  I'm starting to second guess my choice in surgeon and feel like the almighty dollar is all that is important right now.  (When it should be ME the patient.) 

It's definitely something the Dr. should have under control with the coordinators that represent the doctor's name and REPUTATION.
Jackie00
on 9/25/11 2:28 am
I agree with both of you, I am concerned for Dr Kelly's reputation. Too bad coordinators can not see the damage that they are doing.

I am here to just let the possible future clients know that this has nothing to do with the medical care they will receive from Dr Kelly himself and the great staff at the hospital and hotel.

There is nothing that can be done when you have a rope around your neck which keeps getting tighter and tighter.

susanpalmer
on 9/25/11 9:45 am - annapolis county, Canada
To all those concerned. I spoke with Trish tonight and have her consent to post that she has a new phone # all her old numbers are being answered by someone else. SO this is her new number 1-619-202-6011 

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

Emily F.
on 9/25/11 11:28 am
 It is not appropriate to post business numbers on this support forum. Please tell whom ever you are speaking with to contact her 'customers' via email or phone, not on a support forum.

This is not the way to conduct business I hope people run from this practice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views