salads

SEXYBBW86
on 11/12/11 1:42 pm
why do people say we cant eat salads can someone pleas explain to me this hole salad deel
Mary C.
on 11/13/11 3:41 am - Glovertown, Canada
Ahhhh - Salads. I guess some meal plans don't allow them post op as they can be quite full of calories with very little protein. I was allowed to eat salads post-op. I was VERY wary about trying them early out. I really like salads and didn't want to have a bad experience. I waited until I was 4 or 5 months post op I think. My salads actually consist of very little lettuce and greens. Sugar snap peas, red pepper, red onion, a bit of whatever else I have in the fridge - BUT I make it a meal by adding protein in the form of lean chicken or turkey or other meat or fish, sunflower seeds, shredded low fat cheese, shredded hard boiled egg - you get the idea. Watch the salad dressing you use also. They contain lots of fat and calories which we tend to forget about. It doesn't end up being a really large salad - and it takes a while to prepare - but SO worth it. In the end though - my best advice to you is to follow what your surgeon recommends. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 296 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 483 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1084 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1653 views