Advice for day of surgery and beyond

lala285
on 7/12/12 1:47 am - OK
VSG on 08/06/12
I originally posted this in the VSG forum, but thought I'd post it here too. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Well, my VSG date has come a lot sooner than expected. Initially I thought I'd be able to get it done here in the U.S., but it turns out that even though my insurance covers WLS, and I meet all the requirements, it's not covered under my company's agreement. Arg! I certainly can't afford to pay out of pocket here so...I'm going to Mexico to get my VSG done. I'm very confident with my decision and the doctor I've chosen and I actually know someone here in real life who went to the same doctor, so that makes me feel even better about going abroad for WLS.

I feel prepared about the pre-op diet and such. Now I'm trying to prepare myself for everything that comes afterwards. I need advice.

- Recipes (everything from the liquid diet/protein shake stage and beyond--convenience is a big things for me because I'm not much of a cook)
- Things to prep for the hospital (I'll be in 3 days)
- Things you wish you had prepared at home prior to your WLS so it was ready once you got home
- Tips on exercise and/or nutrition
- Favorite multivitamins
- Favorite protein powder mixes
- Favorite mushy food recipes (I have a feeling I"m going to get to know my blender and food processor really well )

I'm reading up as much information as I can on all the forums, but I still wanted to ask, so please post whatever you can share! Thanks! 

HW: 291   SW: 273   CW: 168  GW: 153

M1: -22 lbs   M2: -18 lbs  M3: -13 lbs  M4: -10 lbs  M5: -5 lbs   M6: -9 lbs  M7: -5 lbs  M8: -9 lbs  M9: -10 lbs  M10: +3 lbs M11: ? M12: -2 lbs  Stair-step loser.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1660 views