on 8/4/12 8:09 am, edited 8/6/12 3:27 am - Sunny Southern CA, CA
VSG on 09/14/12

SURGERY 9-14-2012 DR. PONCE DE LEON
pics of my trip: 
http://wlsherewego.shutterfly.com/pictures/14              
rainyone
on 8/5/12 3:43 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Talk to its-killen-me - she's posted in the mexico and manitoba forums. She had a terrible experience with Laurie. She was told Laurie was coming down for her surgery. She didn't. She wasn't picked up at the airport, the hotel for her family wasn't booked, they weren't taken shopping or anything.  It was a terrible experience for her . The dr's were scrambling to try to find her a hotel room- the lucerna across the street was booked up the first night and they got something at another hotel, but she was not sure what was happening with her family, where they were and the family was stuck far away and at the mercy of the dr's to be when they go be picked up. They weren't sure what was happening day to day. She saw my experience - I was with my sister who had trish and Dr Ponce and how everything went smoothly for us. She really regrets using Laurie Wolf. Plus Laurie stopped responding to emails and they didn't even hear from her while they were down there and even after. She apparently admits she dropped the ball with her surgery to other future patients but doesn't even apologizes or even responds to an email to the actual patient.

I'd avoid her or just expect very very little and plan for that.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

nursgirl
on 8/5/12 12:00 pm - Sunny Southern CA, CA
VSG on 09/14/12
 thank you! I will check it out!!

SURGERY 9-14-2012 DR. PONCE DE LEON
pics of my trip: 
http://wlsherewego.shutterfly.com/pictures/14              
Jackie00
on 8/5/12 9:38 pm
I seen Trish mention that they are having a meeting this week about this price that is being posted for 4600 , she basically stated that is not the price.

I honestly would go through Trish if using Dr Ponce. I had Dr Kelly and between the two I still would recommend Dr Kelly just from my experience, he speaks clear english, the hotel is gorgeous and I didn't have post op pain after a day or two, basically just soreness.

I think Dr Ponces business is booming because of Trish, she was with Dr Kelly last year and she is truely a sweetheart and you will have someone to talk to at anytime afterwards and she will probably follow your care much longer then the surgeons do. I am almost 11 months out and she wasnt my coordinator and she still keeps in touch, heart of gold there.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

nursgirl
on 8/6/12 2:36 am - Sunny Southern CA, CA
VSG on 09/14/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views