DS with Dr. Aceves $13,000.00

texasrigdiver
on 10/27/12 2:48 am, edited 10/27/12 3:44 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

My wife was approved for her surgery with Dr. Aceves, $13,000.00.

that seems pretty expensive to me. I told my wife we would still get it done but seriously, that's a pretty decent used car.

this isn't intendd to be an advertisement but it reads that way in the email response:

We apologize if you receive this information twice. We are re-sending it from this email address because we have been experiencing communication problems with some email addresses.

Please feel free to call us at  888-344-3916, we will be happy to help you.

Thanks for contacting us. Here is the information you requested:

•  The cost for laparoscopic Duodenal Switch Surgery here at our center is $13,000 USD* dollars (cash price) .

* Financed procedures may incur in additional fees, please call us for details.

This fee includes all your expenses except your airfare to San Diego, California. It is important to know that Dr. Aceves performs ALL surgeries personally (from start to finish), if he is not available surgeries are not schedule or performed by another doctor

We provide:

• Transportation to and from the airport, (just a 90 min. drive east from San Diego to Calexico. Hospital is only 1 block south of the border.
  •  3 nights at the hospital, 3 nights at the hotel  (you have the option of staying the last 2 days at the hospital instead of the hotel at no extra cost), 
  •  Evaluation by internal doctor, anesthesiologist and Dr. Aceves
  • All Pre-op testing (EKG, chest x ray, blood tests),
  • Surgeon and hospital fees
  • Medication
  • Post-op testing.

Dr. Aceves is a highly experienced surgeon; Dr. Aceves performs the DS surgery at Almater Hospital along with the most experienced DS group in Mexico; he has performed over 5000 weight loss procedures and thousands of other laparoscopic surgeries. 

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

mnmommaof2
on 10/28/12 4:54 am
VSG on 11/23/12

Weight loss surgery is definitely not cheap.  I am going to Aceves for gastric sleeve.  It's $8,750.  still a pretty decent used car!  But compared with costs where I live ($45,000 in Minnesota) its a bargain.  Aceves is more expensive but he has a very low complication rate and a fantastic reputation.  After months and months of research my surgery is scheduled for November 23rd.  I joined a local support group in August and one of the girls had  DS with Aceves a year ago and loves it.  She highly recommended Aceves and Almater hospital.

Good Luck to both of you!  This is quite an adventure for all of us. 

pineview01
on 10/28/12 12:38 pm - Davison, MI

When you consider my lap band cost 46K here in the US!  The DS cost almost double because it is much more intense and takes much longer.  Sounds fair to me.  I'm sure you can find cheaper but do you want to?  Just saying......

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DarioM
on 11/3/12 10:43 pm, edited 11/3/12 10:44 pm

I had Gastric Sleeve surgery with Dr Aceves on August 15th and have lost 91 lbs to-date. My experience with Dr Aceves and his team in Mexicali was wonderful -- I highly recommend him. For all the details on my surgery check my website theroadtomexicali.com -- I believe you will find it very helpful. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 283 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 467 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1073 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1644 views