Anyone from Chicago? Who did you use for follow up? / Dr. Joya?

Stacy_WLS
on 10/29/13 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just joined this site as a registered user today, but I have been reading for a while.  I am close to making a decision to going with the RNY with Dr Joya.  

I am from Chicago and am a little worried about follow up care.  Has anyone from Chicago used Dr Joya?  Or another doctor from Mexico?  Who did you use for follow up care?

Thank you!

Stacy

Mary C.
on 10/30/13 5:55 am - Glovertown, Canada

Hi - I am way up in Canada - and I know our health care system is different than yours. So far the only follow up care my husband has needed was to get his stitches out - which I did - I'm an RN - and at two months post op he has all his blood work checked via our family doctor - or I think they may be called primary care provider in the US? I think as long as you primary care provider is supportive and on board with your plans - there shouldn't be any problem? As for follow up care in case of a complication or problem later on down the road - I would guess that if you have insurance you are ok? Of course in case of an emergency - I don't think ANY hospital is allowed to turn you away. And please correct me if i am wrong!no

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 489 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1088 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1657 views