Nova vs Angeles?

Stacy_WLS
on 11/1/13 10:57 am
Does anyone have reviews or differences on these two hospitals? I am going with dr. Kelly and I ghetto choose which hospital. Angeles is 1000 more - I am wondering how different they are.

Thanks!
llLou
on 11/1/13 1:50 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I had my leak test done at the Angles. It is very new and very nice. as far as the care I have no idea but the people I met there were very nice. I actually thought it would be more than $1000. extra.

I had my VSG done last November by Dr. Kelly. You are in great hands. Message me if you have any questions.

llLou
on 11/3/13 1:05 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I read a post which lead to a utube video of a patient of Dr. Kelly's. If I find where it is posted I will let you know. He did Not recommend The Nova hospital. He went to The Florence Hospital. I know this is not a choice for you so I would definitely go to The Angeles. He also went to The Lucerne Hotel afterward and loved it too. It is beautiful. Dr. Kelly uses it for your 2 night post hospital stay.

llLou
on 11/3/13 1:19 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I found it! It's called VSG Surgery Tijuana Mexico Dr. Ramous Kelly. It's by Brandon Culver. I don't agree with him pain wise. I had absolutely no pain and we were given IV pain, anti nausea and stomach coating meds every 6 hours. They would also give you a pain needle if you needed it in between. I never did. You can speak to Dr. Kelly about this but I would not pay any more for meds. The medical staff really took care of our pain needs.

Also he calls the Lucerne Hotel The Grand Hotel by mistake but writes the mistake across the video.

His video is really well done.

Good luck!

robynimac229
on 11/3/13 2:52 am
RNY on 08/21/13

If I had a choice, just based on appearance, I would say hospital Angelos, my leak tests were done there. I was in Nova hospital and the care there was excellent.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

llLou
on 11/3/13 10:47 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I thought you went to the Florence Hospital also Robyn. Maybe this fellow was wrong about The Nova.

Stacy_WLS
on 11/14/13 1:21 am

Thank you all for the feedback!  My parents pushed me away from Mexico, but I am back to considering it.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 309 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 494 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1093 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1665 views