Dr A. Lopez or Dr Joya?

YEGgirl
on 9/8/14 5:20 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi all,

I am still in the research phase of my WLS journey and have narrowed it down to two doctors, Dr Alejandro Lopez or Dr Joya in Peurto Vallarta.

Can anyone comment on the care they received with either doctor? I am on the fence . . . Dr Lopez's initial contact with the care worker was very positive and it seemed like they cared more about my health (with the questionnaires etc) than initializing payment. Dr Joya's inital contact was more about payment info than about my health but he offers the complication insurance for $500.00.

I would also like to know what you thought of the hospital facilites for both surgeons? Dr Joya - Amerimed OR Dr Lopez - Cornerstone Hospital.

Please help with any comments you may have . . good or bad :)

KRS2014
on 9/12/14 1:15 am
with

I went to Tijuana, Mexico for my surgery with Dr. A. Lopez. All I can tell you is that he is an awesome doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I also did a ton of research before choosing him and everywhere I looked he always came out on top. My best friend and I went together and met lots of people going through the same thing. Everyone has done great and would recommend him. I felt so good two days after surgery that I could have flown home (9hour flight). I stayed an extra 2 nights just to be careful but spent that time socializing and seeing the sights. I am 3 weeks post-op and feel amazing! Good luck with your decision :)

Mary C.
on 9/13/14 11:21 pm - Glovertown, Canada

Hi there - I can only comment on Dr. Joya. I am an ER nurse x 32 yrs. I had an RNY with Dr. Beausoleil in New Brunswick in 2008. 4 years wait time. My husband had a VSG with Dr. Joya at Amerimed in May of 2013. We went with Dr. Joya because we know other people who have gone to him and all had excellent experiences. I also felt I wanted to avoid the "driving across the border" part that some of the surgeons in Mexico have in their package. I had visions of hubby being unwell, hot, and in a tie up at the border - nope - so the flying directly into Peurto Vallarta was another deciding factor. We did pay the $500 complication insurance. It was some peace of mind. The whole experience was just as explained on Dr. Joya's website. EXCEPTIONAL!!!! MY husband has done well. The hospital was amazing - and the hotel was awesome. Good luck to you! 

Mary

Tory951
on 9/26/14 3:40 am

Doctor Lopez was my Doctor.

Feel free to call me 

760 524 8974

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 278 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 462 views