Dr. Joffe with AMBI. Good or bad???

Yellowdukk
on 11/22/14 12:47 pm

I have heard a little about Dr. Joffe, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with his skills. I have read some reviews, but I'm looking for first hand experiences and not opinions. Thoughts on AMBI??

Thanks in advance.

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 8:32 pm

I had surgery with Dr Illian. He has a support group on Facebook its called teamillian. i know he's not the Dr you're questioning about but he was amazing. I was sleeved by him on 12-8-14. Please take some time to look into him and his team. Best decision i ever made. Please contact me directly. here's his teams contact information

[email protected]

Take care Chery

CatRobinson
on 10/5/15 1:51 pm - Canada

My experience with him and his staff was excellent. I went with my friend and we both had gastric sleeves. We decided on ambi and Joffe because he came highly recommended by a friend. He also spke with our family doctors before he cleared us for surgery.

When we got to Guadalajara, driver picked us up from airport and took us to hospital. Dr. Joffe was waiting there to admit us (we each got a medium sized suite.) Hospital very impressive. Anesthetist and internist did pre-op appointments with us. Surgery next morning went great. He found and fixed a hiatal hernia during my surgery. There was no extra charge. I was in pain for a day afterwards but got drugs. My friend didn't have much pain. Dr. Joffe and his staff checked on us several times a day. Very professional and caring. He gave us DVDs of our surgeries to take back to our fam docs.

After 3 nights in hospital we were taken to hotel (5 star). He came to hotel every day and called us down to meet him in the lobby area. He made sure we were fine and went through post-op instructions. Recovery was quite good. Dr. Joffe followed up regularly via email to ask how we're doing.

It's been over a year since surgery. I've lost all my extra weight and am keeping it off. Other people I know who went other places for sleeves (and paid less than I did) lost weight but then regained. My friend and I have had success and no issues. My sister in law has since gone to Dr. Joffe to have a sleeve also. She did great.

I highly recommend Dr. Joffe.

Rachel_Toal
on 11/1/15 8:54 am

I had Dr. Joffee for my surgery he was awesome.

He took his time with you explained, listened, he is very compationet person. I was 344 lbs Nov 10 2002 March 1 2003 down 75 lbs July 1 2003 I was 169 lbs I lost a total of 175 lbs. Allot of work did the gym everyday. Aqua fit 2 days a week also.

Had 3 months ok liquid only then started on some purraid foods. But in July 2003 I became pregnant for twins and I started to eat more and stretched out my pouch. Now I am 13 years out and looking for a revision surgery but would not give up my boy's for anything.

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/21/15 12:58 pm - Windsor, Canada

Do a little light reading on the internet into the history of Dr. Joffe .  He  lost his license in Canada.  That is why he is practicing in mexico.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 278 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 462 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1071 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1639 views