New and nervous

Ladybugsy
on 1/3/15 7:06 am

Hello!

I've been lurking and learning and finally decided to say hello.  I've made the decision to have VSG in Mexico and am in the process of choosing a surgeon.  I'm currently looking at Dr's.Alvarez, Kelly, Ortiz, and the Dr's through Beliteweight.  I'm super excited and nervous and would love to hear from those of you who have completed their surgeries with one of these Dr's.  I'm coming off of a really tough two years and now its time for ME!  I'm bigger than I've ever been and I just want to feel good again.  I want to be there for my family and dance at my children's weddings.  It can't happen soon enough.  I am going to ROCK this new opportunity!!!!  

KeishaLeigh
on 1/3/15 12:34 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I haven't had surgery yet but I have decided on Dr Alvarez. I have made a tentative date for Feb 24, depending on if my funds come in time. I did a lot of reading and talking to others. I heard good things about all three. But after speaking back and forth with Susan (Dr A's coordinator) and watching all of his videos online it was an easy choice for me.

I wish you well on your upcoming journey.  

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

coop1977
on 1/4/15 7:57 am - Canada

I too haven't had surgery yet .... 8 days to go ... I chose Dr.Kelly and will post when I'm back how it went.

Good luck on your journey!

Janet

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

Memelee504
on 1/13/15 11:25 am, edited 1/13/15 11:35 am - New Orleans, LA
with

How are you Coop? How did your surgery go? 

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 7:59 pm

Hello, My names Chery I was sleeved by Dr Illian on 12-8-14

I know he's not on your list of Dr's but he is amazing. Most of his patients are on his facebook page teamIllian. I highly recommend checking into his team. Its the best decision I've ever made for myself. I have lots of pictures I can share with you. I was so scared and nervous leaving the US and going to Mexico for surgery but the trip was like a second honeymoon for me and my husband. [email protected] and Please Message me if you have questions. Take care Chery

dinwards
on 2/22/15 10:26 am

Hi would like to know all details about ur trip, stay, hospital, how u felt after, what it was like being in Mexico, price (if you don't mind)  I have been looking into going to Mexico since I would be self pay.  any and ALL info would be greatly appreciated. 

Chery Taylor
on 2/22/15 3:21 pm

Hello, I went with Dr Illian his coordinator Omar is amazing. You contact him 1st he will send you a medical application that you send back. The Dr will review it to make sure your health qualifies for surgery. If you do then you can schedule a surgery date. I flew in the day of surgery. My husband and I were picked up at the San Diego airport by a driver and drove across the boarder. We were taken to Hotel La Cerna  where we met Omar and he drove us to the hospital. Once at the hospital Florances,  which is an actual hospital an actual OR. Very clean and very professional. A little out dated but safe. They have you fill out paperwork and then they take you back to your room, you change into a hospital gown and then you put on compression stockings, they ran blood tests xray's, EKG. The an  I had surgery on Monday Dec 8th. at about 5pm. the surgery lasted about an hour. when i woke i had to pee really bad. I got up to go to the bathroom but ended up peeing on the floor and my compression stockings, I was so embarrassed i wanted to cry but my husband and Omar were very kind, Omar didnt want me to be charged extra for the stockings so he drove to a store and bought me some. My gas pains where pretty intense that 1st night i would say level 7/10. You take gas strips and walk a lot. by tue i still uncomfortable 5/10. I was more going stir crazy. I also must say that Omar took my husband for meals and to the store. He really took good care of him. Wed i was released i was in no pain a nutritionalist meets with you before you leave the hospital. Omar took me to Hospital Angels and i had my 3rs leak test done. Then he took us for broth. it was so good. then back to the Hotel. we rested a bit Omar brought me jello and water. all the bandages meds really everything you need, then that day we went to the beach the pharmacy because i wanted to pick up some meds to bring home to the us. then we took this romantic drive along the Mexican coast at sunset. It was amazingly beautiful. We had dinner at a restaurant over looking the ocean. More yummy broth for me. after diner we went and had sugar free fro yo. I was in no pain, i felt amazing and alive! We got back to the hotel aboout 9pm Dr Flores came to the hospital that night to check on my incisions and to see how im feeling. Thur Am Omar picked us up for breakfast. then we went shopping all day. had lunch went to this 5 star fancy restaurant for dinner. fri am we went and picked up some stuff for another patient that i could mail her when i got back to the US. We did some more shopping then the driver drove us back across the boarder and we flew home. Mexico is beautiful. some places are kinda dirty and a lot of homeless by the boarder but its not a bad place. Like places here some are worse then others. I am down to 168 lbs from 225. I still have alot of restriction and im having a struggle getting all my protein and water in. My hair is starting to fall out a little but i can honestly tell you this is the most amazing thing ive ever done for myself, no more high blood pressure no more diabetes meds. i love my life! 

Chery Taylor
on 2/22/15 3:34 pm

oh i forgot to mention the closed support group on Facebook its called Team Illian. Its all former currant and prospective clients of Dr Illian. its a closed group so you have to ask to join. 

dinwards
on 2/23/15 8:08 am

That's great to hear. Not the hair loss part, bit pretty much everything else.  What war ur cost of u don't mind me asking ?

Chery Taylor
on 2/23/15 2:43 pm

$4800.00 that covers everything but airfare.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 311 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 496 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1095 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1668 views