Sleeve Surgery Scheduled for July 18. Going alone and family not supportive

Simone13
on 6/14/15 8:06 pm

My surgery with Dr. Rodriguez is scheduled for July 18th.  I'm going alone and my family isn't very supportive. I mentioned two words "Juarez" and "Alone".  I'm super excited to become a healthier person. I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure and my BMI is 41.  I've heard nothing but good things about the doctor and the hospital.  Has anyone gone alone to Juarez for the sleeve surgery and flown back home after two days?  Just wish I had more support.

Chrissy Gallegos
on 6/15/15 2:23 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

Hi.  I thought I would chime in and let you know that although I didn't go to Juarez, I did go alone to Tijuana and was there for a couple of days and came home.  I had no issues at all and have no regrets.

Lean on us here on the forum, we are here to support one another.  

Simone13
on 6/15/15 3:53 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.  I feel much better!  Its good to know someone is there for me.  I shutdown completely and was having second thoughts because of the negativity from my family!!!! I'm ready to live a healthier life with no regrets!  Thank you again!!!

tstramel
on 7/5/15 9:14 am
with

Hi Chrissy,

Who was your doctor and what facility did you have the surgery at ??? My daughters' surgery is the 18th of this month and getting more nervous by the minute lol It is nice to hear good things about going to Mexico, I honestly can't find much or any for that fact negative comments.

Thank you,

Theresa

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/5/15 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

Hi and sorry for the late response.

I went with Dr. Maytorena and Long Term VSG.  They were wonderful and my results have been even better.  I went alone and they took super great care of me.  Most people are afraid to use them because they have a super low price but they use the best staples and have a quaint surgical facility that was perfect for me.  There aren't many bells and whistles, just great care at an affordable price.  I paid $2999 and no I am not trying to sell them to anyone, I only speak about what I know.  I have videos and a blog that you are welcome to check out.  My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS29vLDBZlwXAs_yITK8kdw and my blog is https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/.  

llLou
on 6/15/15 5:42 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

His reviews sound very good! I know you will do fine on your own. I went to Dr. Kelly in TJ. Message me if you have any questions. Even though it's a different surgeon it will be a similar experience.  Good Luck!  Linda

Simone13
on 6/15/15 5:52 pm

Thank you so much Linda!!!  I'm very excited and feel comfortable with my decision to go with Dr. Rodriguez.  The support here is awesome!   I'm sure I will have questions as I get closer to my date.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 270 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 456 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1065 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1632 views