Question about Florence Hospital in Tijuana - where you there?

Sherrie P.
on 10/20/15 7:14 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am headed to Florence Hospital with my husband.

Was wondering how the experience was for the "support team."

Do I need to bring anything? His paperwork suggests I bring a pillow/blanket/towel... really? That's a lot to fly with.

Any advice is appreciated.

So excited for him!! I can't wait for him to join me in success!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Sandra F.
on 10/22/15 5:47 am

I had surgery there on October 6, 2014, so it has been a year, but I didn't need to bring a pillow or blanket. I brought a towel, but only because I don't like to use hotel towels and I am funny about it. The hospital is not the newest in the world but very clean and nice. The rooms are large, so there is plenty of room for the both of you. Which WLS did he choose? I had the sleeve. Good luck to your husband!

Sherrie P.
on 10/22/15 5:55 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Thank you!!

My husband chose the sleeve. I am very excited for him.

I really appreciate the information. I know he won't be able to carry the luggage - so I do not want to try and have too much with us since we live on the east coast it is going to be a looooong day for him.

Are you loving your sleeve???

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

llLou
on 10/22/15 6:50 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I was there way back in 2012. Nice hospital, great staff and super clean! Goggle the hospital and you will be able to see it on U tube. Good luck! Linda

Sandra F.
on 10/23/15 6:08 am

Yes, you are correct that he will not be able to lift anything, so you are on the right track with wanting to pack lightly. My doctor told me nothing above 10 lbs for a month. And yes, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my sleeve. I don't think your husband will be disappointed. The first month after surgery is not a picnic though and neither is the pre-op diet, but if he can get through those things, he will have it made. People have sudden food intolerance in the first month. Mine was eggs and dairy. I loved both before and love them both now, but could not eat them for about 2 months after surgery as they made me throw up or nauseous. Also, tell him to sip, sip, sip and sip some more. It is easy to get dehydrated in the first month because getting your liquids in is hard, so you basically need to keep a water bottle buy you at all times. Let me know if you have any other questions as I am happy to help. I live on the east coast too--Virginia.

pcsmith
on 11/12/15 10:55 am
with

I will be having revision next week at Florence Hospital. Thank you for sharing your story. I will be alone and wonder if I will be bored for 2 days in bed? Is there anything to do? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 269 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 456 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1065 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1632 views