Scheduled surgery with Dr. Valenzuela, getting nervous

Tracy W.
on 12/9/15 9:12 pm
VSG on 01/13/16 with

I am having surgery Jan 13th with Dr. Valenzuela in Tijuana.  I am a nurse and am worrying about everything that can go wrong.  I had a gastric band removed 3 months ago so I am a revision thus a higher risk for complications.  Can anyone talk to me who has either  been to Dr. V or had a revision by someone else?  Please.....

Sandra F.
on 12/10/15 5:56 am

Unfortunately, I did not use this particular doctor nor did I have a revision, however, I did do my sleeve surgery in Mexico and I am doing great.  I am 14 months out, 114 lbs down and looking forward to making it to goal.  Good luck to you!

Tracy W.
on 12/11/15 8:55 pm
VSG on 01/13/16 with

Have you heard good things about people going to Mexico?

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/15 1:35 pm

I just had my surgery a couple of weeks ago or so. Everything went amazing. The price, for starters, was obviously way lower, and both the facilities and the quality of the care were as good as it can get. I still wonder how people don't take these chances with our neighbors down south. FYI, I'm a third generation American citizen with no known family attachments down there, so going to Mexico may be (in principle) very similar to any other American. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/15 1:56 pm

I didn't go with Dr. Valenzuela... I've hear good things about him but even better from my guy ;) I'm sure you'll be alright! Top Mexican doctors (stay away from obvious goofs, not just there but everywhere) are superbly trained and their facilities are top notch. You must not worry! 

My doctor doesn't do revisions, but the other head bariatric surgeon does. Just for you (and other interested patients) to know. 

Sandra F.
on 12/14/15 5:50 am

Many people on here and other forums have had successful surgeries in Mexico.  Yes, I have heard many good things about many different surgeons in Mexico. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 315 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 501 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views