Gastric Sleeve Revision

kaiti1965
on 2/15/16 8:39 am - Wenatchee, WA

Greetings, in 2010 I had sleeve surgery, no follow up, nothing sent home from Mexico, etc.  What I had learned I learned from reading here.  Sadly fast forward regain of 50 pounds, found out my pouch was not very small and it was suggested to do a revision.  I am now researching that and where to go in Mexico and a physician.  I would love feed back and any input.  Thank you

Sammy_85
on 2/15/16 4:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I had my sleeve surgery a month ago with Dr. Fernando Garcia through Tijuana Bariatrics and it was a great experience. He also does revisions as there was another woman there at the same time as me who was having one done. I was sent home with medications and post-op instructions and diet plan as well as email addresses and telephone numbers for Dr. Garcia, the coordinator, and the nutritionist. I have been in contact with the nutritionist twice since I've been home and she is wonderful (you also meet with the nutritionist while you are in Tijuana). Dr. Garcia creates quite a small sleeve; he uses a 32 bougie and stitches over it. My restriction is very good, keeping in mind I'm only a month out. Let me know if you have any more questions; I'm happy to share my experience. There are plenty of excellent surgeons in Mexico and as long as you do your research (which you are), you should find one that is right for you. Best of luck!

mrsbatiste1
on 2/27/16 3:25 pm
Revision on 03/25/16

who did you use. I thinking about doing a revision in Mexico in march

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 317 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 501 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views