Dr. Mariano Covarrubias, A Lighter Me?? I have surgery on June 2nd, 2016

KLee7
on 5/7/16 6:44 pm
VSG on 06/02/16

Hi...I am really excited and of course anxious about getting the sleeve however I am completely committed.  Heck I have already quit smoking for 6 days which is a miracle in and of itself.  Nothing is going to stop me for making this happen.

Couple questions hopefully someone out there can give me an opinion on...

Did anyone use Dr. Mariano Covarrubias at A Lighter Me?  Any thoughts?

Is anyone going to be there between June 2nd and June 7th?  Love to meet you!

What did you do for follow up if you had surgery in Mexico?  Does anyone attend support groups etc?

Thanks in advance for sharing...so need your expertise...

K

hollykim
on 5/8/16 8:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 8, 2016 at 1:44 AM Pacific Time, KLee7 wrote:

Hi...I am really excited and of course anxious about getting the sleeve however I am completely committed.  Heck I have already quit smoking for 6 days which is a miracle in and of itself.  Nothing is going to stop me for making this happen.

Couple questions hopefully someone out there can give me an opinion on...

Did anyone use Dr. Mariano Covarrubias at A Lighter Me?  Any thoughts?

Is anyone going to be there between June 2nd and June 7th?  Love to meet you!

What did you do for follow up if you had surgery in Mexico?  Does anyone attend support groups etc?

Thanks in advance for sharing...so need your expertise...

K

I went thru a lighter me once with no problem, but a different surgeon. 

My pcp agreed to follow me after my procedure for labs, etc. not all PCP's will do that so you need to make sure yours is on board before you go.will

KLee7
on 5/25/16 10:14 am
VSG on 06/02/16

How long ago did you do surgery.  Any tips for when I am there?  I leave from Atlanta on June 2nd and will have surgery that day.  Crazy...and one of my biggest fears is for some reason they won't be able to do surgery...that would just be awful....

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kristen

hollykim
on 5/25/16 1:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 25, 2016 at 5:14 PM Pacific Time, KLee7 wrote:

How long ago did you do surgery.  Any tips for when I am there?  I leave from Atlanta on June 2nd and will have surgery that day.  Crazy...and one of my biggest fears is for some reason they won't be able to do surgery...that would just be awful....

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kristen

gi had veg 6 years ago and couldn't lose all I needed to despite being well on. Plan, eating less than 20 grms of carbs a day.

i had a revision 14 months ago. I had my labs etc done on arrival and surgery that afternoon. 

My experience was great and I think yours will be also. Best thing I he e EVER done for myself.

Tspurlock01
on 6/20/16 1:07 pm

Hello Kristen,

First i wanted to congratulate you on your surgery.  I am looking into different doctors and wanted to know about your experience with A Lighter Me.

Deekayy
on 5/24/16 11:39 pm

Hi my name is Dennise and I just emailed for all info to do surgery with a lighter me. I'm so nervous I really really want this. How did you find out about them? 

KLee7
on 5/25/16 10:12 am
VSG on 06/02/16

I followed some woman named Mel on You Tube ad she mentioned them.  I was going to do Mexico Tourism but decided I wanted to do A Lighter Me because it is a US company with a 5 star Better Business Bureau rating.  

8 days before I go and have it on the same day.  I am nervous and have gone through a lot in making the decision however I am just trusting that it is the right one.  All I can say that it has given me hope when I couldn't find any and thought I would just have to settle for being a fat middle age woman....NOT HAPPENING!

If you want more info about what is happening with me feel free to check out my blog on here at KLee7. 

Let me know what you do!

Kristen...An Abundant Loser

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 275 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 460 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1069 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1635 views