Gastric Bypass in Mexico

vickinicole
on 9/26/16 2:39 pm - Bryan, TX

I want the gastric bypass and not the sleeve because the bypass restricts AND malabsobs which I think because of my morbid obesity, I need both. But I called Dr. Ortiz office today and they said he only does the sleeve, he doesn't do gastric bypass. I don't know if I should look for another dr in mexico or just get the sleeve. I weigh about 315 pounds now, the most I've ever weighed. Has anyone had the gastric bypass surgery in mexico recently?

~_~
Vicki
My weight loss blog: www.vickionline.com

galaxygrrl
on 9/27/16 11:16 pm
On September 26, 2016 at 9:39 PM Pacific Time, vickinicole wrote:

I want the gastric bypass and not the sleeve because the bypass restricts AND malabsobs which I think because of my morbid obesity, I need both. But I called Dr. Ortiz office today and they said he only does the sleeve, he doesn't do gastric bypass. I don't know if I should look for another dr in mexico or just get the sleeve. I weigh about 315 pounds now, the most I've ever weighed. Has anyone had the gastric bypass surgery in mexico recently?

Research the Duodenal Switch which also has restriction AND malabsion.   It's much better than the gastric bypass.  Seriously research it.  It's a more complicated surgery than the sleeve, BUT, its the only surgery that people keep the weight off over a 10 year period.

This is the place to go for it. http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/home/  

It's the surgery I got and I went there.

LindaDan
on 1/13/17 10:09 pm - Delia, AB

I am looking into Mexicali bariatric for the bypass surgery.  They are about $4000 more than places in Tijuana.  I can't understand why such a big difference in price.

dsrjrr
on 9/29/16 5:28 am - appomattox, va

Yep I called as well they told me he doesn't perform rny any more!!!They need to remove it from website,false advertisement!!

dsrjrr
on 9/29/16 5:29 am - appomattox, va

Yep I called as well they told me he doesn't perform rny any more!!!They need to remove it from website,false advertisement!!

Kathy S.
on 1/18/17 12:47 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Vicki

You have mail!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 278 views
Mexico said NO