new member with a few questions

2klude
on 8/20/06 11:18 am
i am not 100% sure if i am a candidate for this surgery. I am 5'10" and weight in at 275lbs. i have tried working out and so many different diets but they seems to never work out and i get discouraged. i would really like to go ahead with this surgery but not sure if its for me. i have a few questions if someone could help address them that would be aweseome. where in the bay area can i meet with a doctor to discuss this procedure? what is the cost for a mini bypass surgerry? what type of weight lost can i expect? how much food can i eat per meal or will my diet consist of small snacks throughout the day? I consider myself pretty active guy, will this surgery restrict myself from any activities such as foot ball or swimming? i have alot more questions but those are some off the top of my head. i just found this site and its somewhat hard to navigate. anyways i am off to do more research. thanks ahead of time for the replies. Mark
pepperboy
on 8/21/06 1:24 am - oxnard, CA
Do yourself the biggest favor of your life, please do as much research as you can....look on the revision forum for people who are terribly unhappy with the MGB and also look into the DS procedure, on their forum here and also go to duodenalswitch.com of course I'm partial because this is the one that I've had, but check out the others as well, people have done well with all of these, but DS seems to have the best log term weight loss, the least amount of persons having revisions from DS to any other surgery. Good luck on your search....Annie
radiochickgso
on 8/23/06 2:16 am - Lexington, NC
My best recommendation is to go to www.clos.net ... it is the largest on-line forum for the MGB.  You can down load an educational manual there plus join a great message board and learn a lot.  I had the MGB in March I have lost 61 pounds and and 1/2 way to goal.  i feel great and have very few dietary restrictions, i just don't eat as large of portions.  i excercise walk and swim all the time.  Good luck. Shelly
Shelly
3-21-06
MGB (Mini Gastric Bypass)
Dr Walsh
High Point Regional Hospital
High Point NC
www.regionalbariatics.com
hfmerlo
on 1/15/07 12:23 am
Good morning, I'm glad with your weight loss.  I just signed up on this web site.  It looks like I will be having the same surgery with the same doctor.  In terms of insurance, did you file a claim for the full amount?  Did they reimburse you for the amount or did your insurance company deal with them directly?
shoutjoy
on 8/24/06 6:23 am - Culpeper, VA
I agree.  Look at all the surgical options.  This is a big decision you have to make that will affect the rest of your life.  I have noticed in my research that with any weight loss sugery, there is a good two year window for optimum weight loss.  They are also tools to use for losing weight.  Meaning, what effort you put into it, the better the tool will work for you.  Don't make any decisions until you are100% sure you are ready to do surgery.  The MGB process if very lengthy and by the time you finish with your packet, you will be very knowledgeable and know what to expect.  Go to clos.net and study.  Good luck! Paula MGB/2000
darnell239
on 8/27/06 6:30 am - Columbia, SC
I had the MGB surgery 6 years ago.  I had no complication and really no pain.  However, I have regained most of my weight back.  I am not completely blaming the type of surgery I had as the reason.  However, I am now learning that the long term results are not the best.  Remember, look for a surgery that has a solid reputation for offering long term results of 5 or more years.
Ganthony101
on 9/8/06 8:38 pm - SC
Here are some doctors and thier websites.  I got this from  http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html#ca CALIFORNIA

Delano

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 912 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1245 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2062 views