Where to start

Greenmomma4u
on 1/23/14 7:46 am

I've been thinking of gastric or lapband and I don't know where to start I'm currently pregnant with baby #2 and I want to start the process 

shoutjoy
on 1/26/14 6:58 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hello,

Well I would start by doing your research.  Research all the surgery types you are interested in.  Look at the risks and the long term statistics.  This site is a great place to start.  Visit all the different boards and hear the good and bad.  Evaluate your own self and try to figure out which procedure you can live with the rest of your life.  Once you have exhausted your research, you will have the knowledge base to make the right decision for yourself.  You will hear a lot of "mine was the best" or " no never do that one" but the ultimate decision is yours.  You have the time so get started.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

mandystrange
on 3/13/14 11:53 am

hi my name is mandy strange and i was wondering where to start i go to the doc tom and i dont kow wat to ask him  i need the weight loss surgery  i also have medicaid  ps im fustrated cause i know i need this  thank u sincerly mandy strange 

shoutjoy
on 3/13/14 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

First, you should do your research of the different procedures.  Once you do that, you will have a list of questions for your doctor.  It is always good to have some knowledge and be prepared to "prove" you are serious and know what to ask.  Going in totally clueless is not showing that you are serious.  You did't mention how much weight you need to lose.  Will your insurance cover it and which procedure will it cover?  That, too, is something you need to check on.  

Maybe  you should reschedule your appointment until you are ready.  Going with a convincing attitude will go a long way.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

mandystrange
on 3/14/14 3:02 am

I did research and Medicaid pays for bypass surgery  I'm goin to ask him bout that surgery the pros and cons umm ask bout a pre op die**** I need to to have the surgery wat will the insurance pay

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 929 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1258 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2076 views