Monday morning check in

DebColCam
on 7/16/12 12:05 am - Canada
Hi all. Just wanted to share a bit about the past week and some goals for this one. Lost a couple of pounds but then made some terrible food choices yet again. But I think my hubby and I had a bit of a break through last night. We gave into the ice cream temptation bought a big tub. We each had a bowl while watching Extreme makeover weight loss edition. We both felt terrible with guilt and sugar high that we decided to get rid of the almost full tub of remaining ice cream. We put it in the sink and ran ho****er through it and watched it very slowly melt away. It took for ever and it made us wonder how long it took to actually melt in our guts! We were both grossed out!
We realized that every time we have some kind of sweet processed food it all tastes the exact same. Just different temps and textures make the food identifiable. It's all just liquid syrup and we finally have a distaste for it yay.
This weeks goals are to stay away from the sugar syrup crap and to try to increase activity. It's been way too hot to do anything these days.
I really hope other posters will check in today and share their exoerinces and goals! I am going to challenge myself to do this again.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 1:30 am - Canada
Good for you for not beating yourself up too much after your ice cream binge! I think you did the smart thing by acknowledging how the processed foods taste so much alike and that you have a distaste for it. I'm proud/impressed that you got rid of the leftover ice cream so you could not indulge anymore.

I had a "cheat" last week where I had had a mini pita with chicken salad, which would normally be a very healthy food but since I am doing the Optifast program and should not be having any "real" food until July 26, this was a no-no. It pulled my body out of the ketosis state it was in and my weight loss at our weekly meeting/class was only 1 pound. Dr. Wicklum said it would have been due to retaining fluid from having consumed outside the current prescribed diet. She was reassuring by letting me know that after 10 weeks of nothing but shakes that she could empathize in the need/want to eat food but encouraged me to hang in there...which I did. I went back to the program and no slip ups. Added in a bit of exercise since I didn't do much last week. I'll have my "official" weigh-in on Wednesday but I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 3 pounds so far from last week.
DebColCam
on 7/16/12 1:44 am - Canada
Hi Tammy good for you for not beating yourself up too much either. Sounds like you are in a great program with a good Dr. I have done Atkins and working on a modified version of it now and it doesn't take much to get the body out of ketosis. Your doing amazing! Thanks for your support and for sharing!
gardeninggal
on 7/16/12 9:28 am - Midland, Canada
 Oh boy can I relate to this post and good for you that you can share on here and everyone *****ads it knows exactly what you are talking about.  Our reasoning state of mind leaves us when we have a craving or think that we have done so well for so many days and now a treat is 'deserved'.

It is the '20' minute scenario again:  the body is 20 minutes behind the brain.  I watched a tv program about how we think that a burger, fries, and pop are actually or whatever fat/sugar food we want creates a feel good state and then when the food digests over time and the full feeling is in full swing when we realize it was a huge mistake.  

One of the big lessons I have learned here is about the sugar content of food.  I always read the fat and carb content of nutrition labels.  Never too late to teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind.  

here's to tomorrow 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 370 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 497 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 702 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 920 views