Staying on track for weekend

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/12 10:55 am - Canada
Just checking in to see how everyone's weekend is going? So far so good for me except I had a wicked migraine attack this afternoon...despite taking prescription meds it's holding on...hope that means well-needed rain is coming tonight.

Can't seem to get enough water today. So far up to 4 litres and still thirsty...holy smokes...
DebColCam
on 7/21/12 2:33 pm - Canada
Hi Tammy glad you checked in. I am having some trouble with stress eating! My FIL had double bypass and my MIL makes our lives miserable. She often attacks me. Calls me a fat slob. We just don't get along at all. Hubby and I travelled with his mom to see his dad in the hospital. Very difficult. I have fallen into my night eating behaviors. It's been really stressful. I hate it when my life geeks out of control like this. I know I just have to dust myself off and get bk on track. I know this is the kind of stuff that even WLS couldnt fix. I really hope others will check in too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/12 2:21 am - Canada
Sorry to hear that your FIL had double bypass. I hope his recovery goes smoothly. Not much you can do about the MIL...does hubby have a good relationship with her or is she a b***h to him as well? (Does hubby stand up for you to her?)

I can totally relate to the stress eating. My MIL is in hospital and recently it was discovered that she is full of cancer (she's not coming out). Then our dog had to go to ER. I didn't know how to handle the stress without eating...it was horrible. But it was also a feather in my cap...I was able to get through a stressful time without the assistance of Ben or Jerry.

Message me if you need to when the urge to stress-eat hits. Or just go for a walk...even if you don't want to. Just go. Even if it's to walk the mall. And take your water with you.

Hope today is a better day.
DebColCam
on 7/22/12 5:22 am - Canada
Hi yes hubby has started standing up for me but Its hard for him she is just plain nasty. We have accepted that his dad is better off in the hospital and we did all we could. MIL wants us to take over. But we can't. I am with migraine today and still trying to get bk on track. Sorry to hear about your dog. ER vet visits are mega stress and mega bucks. I have a 3 legged pug. Lost his front left leg last when 5 months old from falling off our bed. Now we call him mega bucks Murphy! Great job dealing with your pooch with the aid of Ben or Jerry! Keep Posting!
tj150
on 7/22/12 3:42 am
Hi Ladies thought I would join you! Sorry to hear about all the issues in your life. Take care of yourselves.
My weekend has been going pretty good. I have been trying to stick with my low carb eating after a week of not doing so well. I figure all I can do is try my best and not eat myself up about it.
My husband and I have booked a trip to BC Canada to see our daughter. I am going to use that as motivation for sticking with it so I can be feeling better about myself. We are going in September.
I just got back from walking my dog, boy is it a hot one today!!
Well take care and I'll be watching for you on this site.  
DebColCam
on 7/22/12 5:27 am - Canada
Hi so glad you are doing better with your low carb. It's tough going low carb buts it's the only way that as worked for me. I also feel my healthiest when I stay away from wheat and processed sugars. Even my NP agrees with a low carb approach with moderate amounts if fruit and veg. Looks like we are all dog lovers here too! I'll be posting again soon.
zimmersdreamer
on 7/22/12 7:43 am - indianapolis, IN
 hey i have to start Low carb tomorrow! i have PCOS and finally convinced the DR that 5 days a week in the gym is just not cutting it any more. i have tried low cal, and because i am an emotional eater that is up primarily at night (because of work) it is dificult to call my support people.  

other than that my weekend is GREAT! 

i hope all goes well with you in-laws, 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 361 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 488 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 693 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 910 views