Another Monday Check in

DebColCam
on 8/6/12 12:02 am - Canada
Hi friends, I have been doing fairly well the past 5 days or so. Managing to stay mostly on track with low carb and feeling much better for it. My blood sugars are OK since stopping the one drug Victoza. I was worried about stopping it because it's kind of an appetite suppressor. But the headaches and IBS symptoms have disappeared. Thank goodness. I am still practicing mindful eating and keeping ready to eat healthy choices stocked is a must. My goal is to add some exercise this week! Hope you are all doing well! What are your plans for the week?
gardeninggal
on 8/6/12 3:12 am - Midland, Canada
 Hi Deb!

Sounds like you are on board with getting healthy and that is great.  Congrats on dropping a med and hope you continue to do well without it.  I am going to start using the web site tool called fitness pal.  It lets you set a goal and keeps you honest and does all the hard work of calculating right on line.  Now that the weather has cooled off somewhat exercise outdoors might be possible.  Good luck.  Nancy

DebColCam
on 8/6/12 8:23 am - Canada
Hi Nancy great to hear from you. I have used my fitness pal too but where I find it difficult is with my homemade foods. I make a lot of my own meals. It is possible to input every ingredient but I find it a bit time consuming. (still easier) then pen and paper I have it on my iPhone app. Cooler weather is better. Hubby and I went out for a nice little walk. And my 3 legged Pug Murphy enjoys going out more now too. Let me know how you log the food log site.
tj150
on 8/6/12 3:24 am
Keep it up sounds like you are doing great.
I have just gotten back from being away for a few days and have to get back with the low carb eating again. I didn't do so well while I was away.
I will be working night's the next two days and I usually don't eat as much then so I hope to loose the weight I have gained while I was away.
I hope to add some exercise this week as well!!
DebColCam
on 8/6/12 8:28 am - Canada
Welcome home! Low carb when away or eating out can be challenging! Sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. I find that my mind often wants the sugars pastas etc. They taste good at the time but my body doesn't really like them. Hope you have a good week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 361 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 488 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 693 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 910 views