Weekend plans and goals!

DebColCam
on 8/10/12 9:11 pm - Canada
I have had o tough few days dealing with in-law family issues. Been really stressed supporting my hubby. While being verbally attacked by his mom. Fighting the desire to eat my emotions. This is tough for me but managed to get through today.
Also having troubs after Dr discontinued a diabetes med. Sugars good first wk. But BS increasing more each day. See NP on Tues. Hope she had other non drug therapy ideas for me. Have a grat weekend! Why not share alittlr about you weekend goals plans and activities.
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 4:22 am - Canada
Sorry to hear that you are having in-law issues but good for you for not giving in to emotional eating. It's tough but that's a huge accomplishment.

I'm sure the NP will have some suggestions for you to help with BS. Have you tried foods that are lower on the glycemic index?

My challenge for the weekend is to not eat all of the yummy food I will be preparing at the Pampered Chef party I am doing today. I'm making a three-cheese garden pizza...that's not too bad. It's the nutty caramel brownie that's going to be a challenge to not gobble up. I may find it easier than expected though since I don't care for nuts in my sweets...and I'll get the guests to unwrap and cut the caramels so I won't be tempted to pop one in my mouth. If I keep myself busy talking/showing product I won't have time to indulge. Will let you know how that goes.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
DebColCam
on 8/11/12 6:02 am - Canada
Hi Tammy thanks for your post! Good luck and enjoy your pampered chef party! I have been researching different food plans. I know the Atkins low carb works for me but I find it really hard to stick too. Picking up book from library today on the Volumetrics diet. Plan to do some reading and exploring different foods. I know it was pasta ( whole wheat) that put my sugar way up the other day. If I could live off eggs and cheese I would, but blahh. Hoping to learn something new this weekend. Have Fun!
zimmersdreamer
on 8/12/12 12:41 pm - indianapolis, IN
 i know the weekend is almost over but oh well... Fri night i got called into work and so i slept most of Sat, didnt get to Zumba :( but i also didnt bindge like i normally would. I did stop and think am I really hungry or is it just munching, and honestly i did feel the "just munching" twice, i gave in and ate popcorn when i wasnt hungry, but i limited myself to 1 single serving bag. And the 2 hershy kisses were SO for the chocolate cravings but they did the trick! 

As for today, its cleaning day adn i have spent most of my morning cleaning the bathroom (not appetising at ALL) and when i did make breakfast for the family i ate 1/2 a pancake, and only 2 strips of bacon... and 3 cups of coffee.... for lunch I made devilid egg salad sandwhiches but ate mine without bread and because i work tonight I dont plan on eating "dinner" here (i have chicken alfredo pasta set out for the kids) I will have a salad at work. 

back to my 5K walks Mon morning! getting ready for the color me rad 5k on Sep 8th! SOOO excited!

DebColCam
on 8/12/12 8:36 pm - Canada
Great to hear from you Zim! Sounds like your doing well and staying on track. It's really good. Thanks for sharing'
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 370 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 497 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 702 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 920 views