Weekend food troubles

DebColCam
on 9/16/12 6:41 am - Canada
Hi all, it seems I always always have trouble staying on track on the weekends! It's my most difficult time! Had some wine yesterday which is just stupid waste of calories and hinders proper food choices! Grrrrr now the hard part getting bk on track. I have been a bit lazy this past wk with my exercise too. Busy week ahead with Dr's appointments I am going to have to plan healthy snacks to take with me. What kinds of food items do you find good for when you are on the run? Looking forward to a better and healthier wk ahead!
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 11:15 am - Canada
Don't beat yourself up about it, Deb. Weekends are hard for most people. It's hard to be "perfect". We were reminded in our class recently that if we try to get an 80/20 balance (80% good  and 20% not-so-good choices) we're doing alright.

Planning is a good idea. Good luck getting through today.

Tammy
DebColCam
on 9/16/12 1:40 pm - Canada
Tks Tammy, I have heard of the 80-20 rule too. I do pretty darn good during the week.
Big_blue_eyes
on 9/16/12 2:13 pm - Canada
You're not alone.  I have a hard time on the weekend too.  I guess it's that fact that I don't have a set routine like I do during the week. Plus I'm cooking for my son and husband.  It is so easy to slip back into bad habits.  I had done my menu planning for the week and was preparing some of the meals for the week when I found myself tasting, tasting and tasting.  You forget how many calories are in those tastes. I'm now drinking water.  Dinner is in the oven and the salad is made so no more tasting.  Back on track and a looking forward to a good week.  As for food on the run, a snack size bag of celery and a laughing cow, or some almonds.  Our dietician recommended a 1/4 cup of almonds because they are protein so they will give you something to crunch on and help stop cravings and hunger pangs.
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 6:53 pm - Canada
I'm a taster too! So hard to not do that. I've started cooking while chewing gum...especially those dessert gums...the flavour doesn't last long but since I have gum in my mouth it keeps me from tasting.

Almonds are an awesome snack!

Have a good week!
DebColCam
on 9/16/12 9:34 pm - Canada
Tks for the almond and gum ideas. It's great to learn from others experiences. I didn't have my pm shake tonight and now at 12:30 am I am rummaging through the kitchen! I won't make it now because the blender is so loud. Don't want to wake up hubby and neighbors. Think I will definitely pick up almonds tomorrow. Good night all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 361 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 488 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 693 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 910 views