Holy Crap...Seriously

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 1:04 pm - Canada
On the advice/suggestion of the dietitian I saw last week, I bought that cereal "Holy Crap". I found it at YIG in the Organic aisle. At first I thought what a tiny bag for $9.99 but then remembered I only need 1-2 tbsp at a time.

I soaked 1 tbsp of Holy Crap in some milk this morning while I prepared my oatmeal and smoothie (which is smaller now since I added oatmeal to breakfast). I mixed it in to oatmeal and added 1 tsp liquid honey. What a super taste!

I was pleasantly surprised how good this was and had to share with you. I was on their website today (www.holycrap.ca) to find out more about it.

Check it out!

Tammy
chellelynn3
on 9/17/12 3:43 pm - san bernardino, CA
we don't have this in the U.S it looks interesting!
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 3:45 pm - Canada
That's a switch...usually the good stuff is in the USA, not Canada.
Big_blue_eyes
on 9/17/12 7:10 pm - Canada
This is really good.  If you really like it then it is cheaper to make it yourself.  If you have a Costco near you then get the hemp hearts there and then you can pick up the Chia Seeds and Buckwheat (Kashi) at bulk foods.  You can put it together in whatever proportions you like.  I tend to make it with 1/2 cup hemp hearts, 1/4 cup chia seeds and 1/4 cup kashi.  I soak it in almond milk and then have it with mixed berries and a bit of yogurt. 
DebColCam
on 9/17/12 7:34 pm - Canada
Looks very interesting! I went to web site. May consider trying it but would need to order online. No store or even Costco near by me. Does anyone know if ingredients can be bought at a bulk barn? I have been attempting a Volumetrics type food plan bait looks like this would be a fit. Tks for sharing it.
Big_blue_eyes
on 9/17/12 8:33 pm - Canada
I just checked www.bulkbarn.ca and I found all of the ingredients on their website so you should be able to get them in store.
Kat1313
on 9/18/12 3:35 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Haha!  Can't believe you actually have a cereal called Holy Crap.  I can just see the outrage if it was stocked on US grocery shelves, especially down here in the south.  That's hilarious!  But I looked at the site and the ingredients sound yummy.

Why do you have to soak it?
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 3:44 am - Canada

Soaking softens it up...and the chia seeds expand/soak up 9 times their size. It's still kind of crunchy but not as much as straight from the bag.

Thanks to those who already did homework for me and looked up ingredients at Bulk Barn...I will try that as well.

Apparently it got it's name when it was proposed as a product to market on the TV show, Dragon's Den. When the Dragon's tasted it, one of them (I believe it was the CEO of Boston Pizza) said, "Holy Crap, that's good!" then reached for someone else's bowl to eat their. He is also the one who invested in it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 370 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 497 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 702 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 920 views